“Great stay but please sort out the internet!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Encore Guadalajara

You added Ramada Encore Guadalajara to your Saves list
Ramada Encore Guadalajara
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1710 Lopez Mateos Sur Ave, Tlajomulco de Zuniga 45645, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Great stay but please sort out the internet!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Hotel is very pleasant and modern and the breakfast is what you would expect. The only thing that lets it down is the internet connection. I was on the 6th floor and had little if no connection. Colleges have stayed on other floors and have had the same issues!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
SocialMedia e, Gerente at Ramada Encore Guadalajara, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Guest:
thank you for your feedback from your recent stay , I can assure you that we're taking care of your comments and make the necessary steps to correct them. We're hoping to see you again on the near future to provide you with a better internet connection and our our best service.
Best Regards!
Alejandra Rosillo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

There are not (yet) a lot of hotels in the southwestern quadrant of greater Guadalajara, and along the extension of Av. Lopez Mateos west beyond the Periferico, very few indeed. Consequently this is not a bad option, relatively new and very clean, if you have a purpose to be in the sector, but it is a long way from the rest of Guadalajara, though a lot of intense traffic. The style is very modern, which means that the rooms are somewhat Spartan, but there is a large desk. Internet service is slow. The common areas are decorated with drawings by a well known local cartoonist. The hotel is part of a small shopping center known as La Gourmanderia, which has a seven plex cinema and many restaurants, so there are many dining options for lunch and dinner. The buffet breakfast at Encore, served in what they call The Hub, however, is very bland and after the first time, you might want to seek another option. If you park below in the parking garage (parking is validated), beware, there is no elevator in the vicinity of the hotel, only a stairway, so you have to lug your luggage up and or down the stairway. Therefore, consider unloading your luggage in the motor court first and then parking below. The best aspect is the level of service, all the service personal were very attentive, very courteous and very helpful. The meeting rooms are well designed with projection capabilities and the catering service for small business meetings is very good.

Room Tip: Pick a room that faces away from La Gourmeteria and towards the front arrival area of the hotel, if...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
SocialMedia e, Gerente at Ramada Encore Guadalajara, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Guest:
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. We are so pleased you had a great time and that you selected us, the other details as the breakfast and internet service will be handled inmediately to ensure a better experience in the future.

We do hope we continue to be your hotel of choice when visiting Guadalajara.

Thank you for staying with us.

Regards,

Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Rooms are nice, if you don't mind small (think Accor hotels in Europe). The style is pretty, minimalistic, etc. etc. this was OK.
Breakfast was quite bad.. cold eggs, beans, and some kind of stew. Very little variety, even worse than a Holiday inn express.
The taxis outside are waiting to literally rob you blind, the hotel is about 100 mts. from the Siemens, Continental and Flextronic plants in Tijera industrial area.. the hotel declined to use the shuttle to transport me, and so they tell me to use the "taxis". The "taxis" turn out to be unmarked cars, with some guy parked outside the hotel ... and they pretend to charge me $60 pesos just to take you across the big avenue. Mind you, it is not something you want to walk, but $60??? come on!!!
Went inside, told the front desk about the issue and they were rude and dismissive. Well I have no need for attitude like that!!! I travel too often and what I need is a good reliable hotel that gives me no issues and makes me feel welcomed. I checked out after that first night and went back to Presidente .. why suffer???

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
SocialMedia e, Gerente at Ramada Encore Guadalajara, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your feedback. We are carefully reviewing your comments and taking the proper actions to ensure we deliver a great experience at all levels.

On behalf of Ramada Encore Guadalajara, I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced throughout your stance with us, hope you will give us another opportunity to make sure that your next saty will be the best it can be!

Best Regards.

Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

My first visit to Guadalajara. As others have noted this is a new hotel with clean rooms and a moderately reliable free wi-fi. Beds are too soft for my comfort. Agree with others, very nice staff. Drawback is you are 30 minutes from downtown Guadalajara (60 minutes in traffic). In this location, it is unusual to see so many great restaurants on the same plot of land From high end steak and tequila houses to Johnny Rockets. My biggest complaint is the lighting in the guest room. There is no desk lights. To get great lights you have to use the LED reading lights on the bed's headboard. To give you an idea of the Encore's target market, look at the amenities available at the front desk: toothbrush, comb and hair gel. Love it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
SocialMedia e, Gerente at Ramada Encore Guadalajara, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Guest:
thank you for your feedback from your recent stay , I can assure you that we're taking care of your comments and make the necessary steps to correct them. We're hoping to see you again on the near future to provide you with our best service.
Best Regards!

Nuremberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed for 4 night at this hotel because we attended a wedding also at the outskirts of Guadalajara. You can tell that the hotel is quite new and it's also very modern. I really liked the design of it and the rooms.

The breakfast was very good as well offering also hot dishes as buffet. Rooms are spacious. Outside the hotel there is a small plaza with lots of options to eat out good food, there is also a a cinema.

I would not recommend this hotel if you plan to visit Guadalajara as it is very far away for downtown. Also, if you don't mind walking down the road around 100 m, grab a street taxi instead of ordering one at the hotel, the hotel taxis charge 2x the price a regular taxi does. Their taxi service is really a rip off.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
SocialMedia e, Gerente at Ramada Encore Guadalajara, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Guest:
Thank you so much for the nice comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests and take care about the taxi rates become reasonable as they already includes taxes.

We hope to see you again soon!
Best Regards,
Orange County, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is a very modern hotel. Upscale in a great area, excellent service and a good breakfast and 2 free beers (or wine) that is included when checking in. What I liked about the rooms:

Windows can open
Nice bathroom
Decent desk area for working
Good wifi

What I did not like:

I could hear EVERYTHING going on in the room next to me. This was super annoying. At one time, I thought someone was walking in my room (tiled floors). Nope, it was the room next door. I locked my door and, somehow, the inner lock (that swings over to the door) engaged and I could not get back in the room. When I reported to front desk I was told this happens a lot - they sent someone right away to fix. Bed was not very comfortable.

My next trip to Guadalajara, I will book elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
SocialMedia e, Gerente at Ramada Encore Guadalajara, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Guest:
thanks for your review, I'm delighted to hear that our hotel and our convenient location suited you well. I'm also pleased you mentioned our friendly service . However, it is very disappointing to hear about your bad experience with the inner lock , I will follow up with the appropriate departments. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Coupeville, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I spent four days and nights at the Lopez Mateos location and will return. The rooms are not large, clean as a whistle, the included breakfast is very good and if you need something special like eggs without meat or an afternoon smoothy just ask Juan. Service in the entire hotel was very pleasant, English spoken, and helpful with any questions or needs. The restaurants in this location and chic bars give you a great selection just outside the door of the hotel. Outside of downtown but nothing is far. We will stay here again with the hope that the front desk get's their act together. The hotel was busy and rooms were quiet. Very respectful environment.

Room Tip: Room on the back of the hotel was quiet even on Valentine's Day night with the Mall Filled to st...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
SocialMedia e, Gerente at Ramada Encore Guadalajara, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Guest:
Thanks for your comments , I'm glad you had a nice stay with us and it will be pleasure for us to have a new opportunity to see you again.

Sincerely

City Junior Guadalajara
City Junior Guadalajara
#7 of 10 in Tlaquepaque
3.5 of 5 stars 27 reviews

Been to Ramada Encore Guadalajara? Share your experiences!