“Nice hotel, reasonably priced” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Utica
Chicago, IL
“Nice hotel, reasonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

When we arrived they put me in a regular room even though I booked a suite. The front desk quickly rectified the situation though. The room was clean and comfortable. Perfect for two adults and a child on the pull out sofa. Breakfast buffet exceeded our expectations. Eggs, sausage, warm cinnamon rolls, muffins, biscuits & gravy, bagels, yogurt, cereal, something for everyone. Pool was heavy on the chlorine and a bit cold. Overall its a nice, clean hotel for the money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Tarah S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Utica, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I am very sorry to hear that you had an issue with your reservation when you arrived at the hotel. However, I am glad that the reservation was quickly corrected so that you could have comfortable stay with us! We are so pleased that your family enjoyed our breakfast buffet in the morning. We are constantly trying to improve it to satisfy all of our guests. I will have maintenance look into the pool issue so that future guests are not affected by the amount of chemicals. We do use a salt water system, so I am not sure what would have caused the chlorine issue.

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete this review! We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Utica, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I travel at least 3 nights a week. I love the staff in utica, Mary, Karianne and Matt make the long day worth while. The rooms are very clean and accommodating, everything you need to relax and get a great nights sleep. Everyone is friendly and you always feel welcomed. This hotel is centrally located near dining, shopping and just about anything else that you could want or need. I travel several states for work and I rate this location a 9.5 out of 10. The only thing that would make it a 10, would be if they had a resturant and bar.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review! We greatly appreciate your recognition of our front desk employees and I have posted a copy of your kudos for the entire staff. It is wonderful to hear from our valued repeat customers and appreciate your continued patronage. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit!
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here one night in April for a shopping excursion. This was our second trip to this HI Express. The hotel was very clean and the guy at the front desk was very friendly. We booked a suite, as it was the only room left with 2 double beds. The room was huge, but was right above the front entrance, and right by the elevator. You heard everyone who came and went from the hotel, and everyone who entered and exited the elevator. Normally, we would have asked for another room, but it was late and we were tired from a long day of cross-border shopping!

Location is great; close to Lakeside Mall and every store you could imagine!

We will definitely stay here again, but will make sure we are nowhere near the elevator or front entrance.

Room Tip: Do not stay near elevator or above lobby.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
The staff and I truly appreciate your recent review of our property. We pride ourselves in outstanding customer service and are very pleased that the front desk representative was able to take care of all of your needs during your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that there was an issue with noise during your stay here. We will look into finding a way to resolve this for our future guests. Hopefully we will have the chance to serve you again soon!

Partridge Creek Mall is also an excellent option to suit all of your shopping needs.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

The nature of my work requires that I sometimes arrive late in the evening (sometimes after 1:00) and leave again by 7:30 . . . not all the time so don’t think I need to find different work but that’s not the point of this review! This was a night when I arrived at 1:00 a.m. Parking was great, right near the entrance even at that hour! I was amazed to see how wide the hallway was AND that my room was still very large. I fell into bed exhausted and didn’t hear a peep all night. I woke up and enjoyed the French Roast (I like my coffee flavor more on the dark side) and, because of my own schedule, couldn’t wait for more eggs to be brought out. The staff was friendly and the one crazy night of this trip was made less crazy because my lodging was wonderful. The room was so comfortable, clean, and up-to-date I wish I could have lingered! If you are like me and travel with lots of electronics, you will appreciate the abundance of easily accessed outlets near the desk.

Room Tip: My room was facing the parking lot and entrance but I heard NOTHING.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for completing this outstanding review of our hotel. We know you are very busy and we appreciate that you took the time to recognize us online. Hopefully in the future you will be able to stay with us longer so that you can take advantage of our other amenities.
Rochester, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We booked a room at the HIE Utica just for the night, it was a great decision. Easy to get to, friendly staff, very clean! The room we got was a king jacuzzi suite. Very nice! The jacuzzi is in the room, not the bathtub. We had a Large room, with a king bed and loved that the pillows were labeled with Firm or soft...I discovered I loved a different pillow than I had thought. The pool was a little chilly, but didnt stop us from swimming. The breakfast was good and fresh and well stocked. Everyone we came in contact with was extremely friendly and a pleasure to talk to. We will be back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
My staff and I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will look into the temperature of the pool today to ensure that it is not too cold for future guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Hudson, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Staff and service were exceptional. Our stay was prompted by a death in the family and the staff made sure we were as comfortable as possible. We all thank them very much.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for submitting this wonderful review for our hotel. We strive to go above and beyond for each guest to ensure that they are as comfortable as possible during their stay with us. Hopefully we will see you again in the future during happier conditions.
Channahon, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

My wife & I recently stayed at this Hotel (12/27/11). The rooms are very clean, the efficiency and friendliness of the staff were great and very accommodating! The continental breakfast was also good and kept very clean as well. The work out room was a bit small and the equipment was not in the best condition but overall a great stay and experience. Tons of shopping and restaruants in the area as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: we stayed on the main floor directly across from the pool area and the room was exceptionally quiet...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Utica? Share your experiences!