“I'll Be Back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Utica
Romulus, Michigan
“I'll Be Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

The other reviewers were not kidding...the staff here is NICE. Everyone we encountered had a smile for us. Our room on the 5th floor was clean. The only complaint that I have (and trust me its no big deal) is that when you turn on the light in the bathroom the fan automatically goes on. Not a good thing when others are sleeping and you need to do business in the middle of the night. But everything else was perfection. The pool was clean, there were plenty of chairs, plenty of towels. The breakfast was outstanding. Fresh fruit, fresh juice, fresh breakfast sandwiches, cereal, bagels, yogurt. Everything was tasty. My daughter bought a cookie late and they even warmed it up for her. We just stayed at a very expensive hotel in Chicago and I would say the service was much better here at the Hyatt and literally hundreds less. A bonus is the location...close to all shopping which is what brought us there in the first place. We'll definitely be back. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

As I told the front desk clerks when I checked in, this was a test as I normally stay at a Marriott property about 15 minutes away, but they were booked. I liked the reviews that I saw on T.A. and decided to check it out. This is a very nice hotel with the bells and whistles of a Courtyard, except they actually offer a free scaled down hot breakfast. The breakfast was very good with my only minor complaint is that it would be nice to prepare your own sandwich instead of eating what they have prepared. While their sandwiches were good, I prefer to stay away from carbs as much as possible. Just my personal preference. The pool was closed down for repairs, so I did not get to check it out. I brought my bicycle, so that I could go cycling on one of the many trails (Macomb Orchard Trail) that are in the area. With this said I did not checkout the fitness center except to glance in the door. The fitness center appears to be the typical fitness center with treadmills, a bike, ellipticals, and free weights. The room was a very nice double bed with plenty of space. The bed was comfortable and furnishings are very nice. I would have liked to have had a microwave in my room, but this seems to be very typical of properties with restaurants. The only issue that I had with the room was that the bed is so close to the air conditioning unit. The room did not cool off enough for me until I slid the mattress away from the air conditioning unit. Not a deal breaker as I will return to this hotel when I'm looking to be closer to the bike trails.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Pilar F, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Detroit/Utica, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you for the positive review of our Hyatt Place when your home property was full.
We understand that certain guests have dietary needs and next time you stay with us, I would encourage you to ask our breakfast staff for a custom sandwich to fit your needs. We would be more than happy to provide one for you. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you next time you visit the metro Detroit area.
-Pilar Ferry
US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We were in the Detroit area visiting family and spent 3 nights at the Hyatt Place. The room was large (king bed) with a sofa, work space, and kitchen area (sink, fridge, and counter space). Compared with other hotel rooms, there were an adequate number of plug-ins for electronic devices. The free breakfast was very good and offered in a pleasant environment. Perhaps the feature that stands out however, was the staff. They were more than pleasant, they were very NICE. You get the feeling they really enjoyed their work and that makes the guest feel at home. Add in the relatively low cost of the room and this is an exceptional hotel experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive review of our Hyatt Place!
Our staff does work very hard to ensure that you have a wonderful stay with us. They are what really set us apart. One of the stand out features of our room is the plug panel. It makes it easy to connect your devices like a DVD player or laptop to the TV in the room. We hope you had a great time with your family and once again, thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you next time you visit the metro Detroit area.
-Pilar Ferry
Sandbach, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I stayed here whilst on business, for 5 nights. The staff were really friendly and helpful, and actually smile at people (how about that?). plenty of parking, good quality breakfast in a pleasant surrounding, well tended grounds.

The bedroom was great. loads of space, a big sofa and plasma. Comfy beds. I would definitely choose to come back here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Pilar F, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Detroit/Utica, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for all the wonderful things you've said about us! We are glad that you were comfortable during your extended stay. Our rooms are designed to be the perfect blend of leisure and space which is perfect for business trips.

In addition to our all new A.M. Skillet breakfast, we also have a 24 hour dining menu should you find yourself hungry at any time. We also have mini fridges and a microwave in the guest kitchen if you should ever like to bring your own food.

Thank you once again for trying Hyatt Place and we hope to see you again soon!

Pilar Ferry
Westtown, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Hotel is very nicely decorated which gives it a welcoming feel. The room was roomy and clean. We stayed a few nights while visiting friends and it was an enjoyable experience. WiFi didn't work that great but it could have been my laptop.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

A clean hotel, reasonably priced and in a prime location for shopping and dinning. Enjoyed the breakfast, kids had fun in the pool. Staff are extremely friendly and very helpful! Had a quiet and comfortable weekend.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Rockford, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed here on Feb 11 for one night. We had a very nice room, and the price is very competitive to other hotel chains There is a nice complimentary breakfast buffett and they use "real" dishes, not paper or plastic . We did not eat in the dining room, as we had dinner plans somewhere else . This hotel is very close to Dave and Buster's, easy drive to Great Lakes Crossing shopping mall, Twelve Oaks Mall and other popular destinations Check in was seamless I would stay here again .

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Detroit/Utica? Share your experiences!