“Eh.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hall Road and Schoenherr
Transit: Smart Bus stop at Hall and Schoenherr.
Description: Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds up to two and BUCA LARGE feeds up to four. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.
Macomb, Michigan
“Eh.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We came here as a group of about 8, and we figured it would be a good place since they offer "Family Style" dishes.

However the food wasn't anything special, at all. It was rather expensive for the quality, and well, we've just been to other places. They crammed us all into this weird shaped table which was difficult to communicate in because we couldn't see one another. Hrm.

Well, the food isn't bad by any means, just nothing special I guess you could say. The waitstaff was polite and the food came quickly however.

I don't think we would go back though.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Michigan
“Not for a couple”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Unless the two of you are willing to eat the same thing go somewhere else. Family style means a large serving - enough for 3 or 4 people. So, if you want to take a lot home with you AND if the two of you are OK ordering the same thing - this is the place. No issues with the service - nice professional host and waitstaff. I suppose the prices are ok considering the amount of food you get. Can't comment on the menu other than the single dish my wife and I shared - ok - nothing note worthy.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Guam, Mariana Islands
“Great for Family Gatherings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Ten of us arrived at Buca di Beppo and were immediately seated. Like others have commented, being seated involves being walked straight through the kitchen, which was unusual and pretty neat. In fact, you can even reserve a table in the kitchen!

Deciding what to order was tough becuase there were a lot of choices. Thankfully, with ten people, we orderd about five or six different family style dinners and were all able to pass the food around so that everyone got a little taste of everthing. We had lasagna, stuffed shells, shrimp, calimari, spaghetti with huge meatballs, bruschetta, cheesy garlic bread, and more! There was more than enough to eat and the leftovers were just as delicious for lunch the following day.

There were lots of drink choices. I had a glass of red wine, an Italian lemon chiller, and my sister-in-law had several fruity drinks.

The decor was pretty neat. The bathroom was decorated from the floor all the way up across the ceiling with vintage and antique advertisements and ladies undergarmets! It was awesome. The rest of the restaurant is decorated in funny and interesting Italian photographs and posters. There is also a room decorated entirely in Pope deocrations. There's a big round table in there and a replica of the pope's head sits on a lazy-susan in the middle of the table!

Dessert was our favorite part. Most of the family shared cannolis, but my husband and I shared a GIANT brownie sundae. Be sure to check out the pictures to see what it looks like. It was comprised of chocolate and vanilla ice cream, at least six chunks of brownies, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and rainbow sprinkles. It was so big we couldn't finish it!

Service was pretty good. Several people checked on us numerous times. Would definitely go again with friends or family.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Love the salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family and I went here one night, and it was probably the best place we ate at all week. I had never eat at a Buca's before, but I had heard it was really good. My friends were right! The food was so fresh. We got the salad that Buca just broght back. It was so good! We also got the cheese bread, breaded chicken, and spagetti. Everything is family style, and it was a lot of fun. We ate so much we did not have room for the dessert. I was disappointed because I really wanted the brownie with ice cream! The service was amazing and the people were so nice. I would defintely go back again.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Dinner was great and prices were fair. Atmosphere was wonderfull and was very relaxing, which made for a very enjoyable evening out. I felt you got more food than avarage for your money, and was pleased to want to come back here.

Visited October 2011