We stayed at The Inn at Union Pier for a weekend in May. We are in our mid thirties and had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before. We wish we wouldn't have waited so long.
From the moment my wife called in to make a reservation, Bill, the owner, made her feel completely welcome. I can't say enough about how helpful the entire staff was, but especially Bill. He is very down to earth and kind. My wife and I enjoyed chatting with him several times over the weekend.
When we checked in we were given a tour of the inn and then we joined other guests in the living room for complimentary wine and popcorn. We enjoyed meeting other couples, everyone who was staying there was so friendly. They even gave us some great restaurant recommendations.
The Inn is not right on the water, but a very short walk to a beautiful beach. We also enjoyed the outdoor hot tub in the evenings and riding the bikes during the day. There is also a nice outdoor sitting area with a hammock that is very peaceful.
They serve a wonderful breakfast every morning, everything we had to eat was fresh and delicious. They also have cookies out in the afternoon and a nice selection of tea available all the time.
Our room was comfortable, the fireplace was a nice touch although they were already closed for the season so we were not able to use it.
The location is very close to some great places to eat. We choose Timothy's (very good but a little pricey for us) and Redamacks (a casual burger place **they only take cash**) and both were less than 5 minutes away. We went on a tour of the distillery Journeyman (only 15 minutes away)
and the wine trail (20 minutes away) and enjoyed both very much.
We would recommend this Inn to anyone looking for a relaxing and welcoming place to stay and we can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1920's era Bed and Breakfast Inn with 16 guest rooms, private baths, real wood burning fireplaces and 250 foot steps to a beautiful Lake Michigan beach. Stay includes full breakfast, snacks & beverages during the day and wine & popcorn in the evening. Located in a quite residential setting within minutes of restaurants, shopping, antique shops, art galleries and wine tasting. Enjoy our hospitality in the casually elegant surroundings of a true country Inn. Open year round. Also available for family gatherings or corporate retreats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Inn at Union Pier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Union Pier Hotel Union Pier
- Inn At Union Pier Michigan