“Several stays at this location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Troy
Columbus, Ohio
“Several stays at this location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great crew of people from the front desk, housekeeping, bistro, to maintenance.

The property is well maintained, the rooms are well kept up. Bathrooms and rooms are clean. If you are lucky enough to get a suite they are huge.

I 75 is closer than it appears look for rooms on the southeast side or courtyard room. If you don't get one of those rooms it truly isn't terrible just nicer if you can.

Special note about my last stay I came back to find maintenance working on my door. The housekeeper noticed an issue with the door latching properly & brought it to maintenance attention. Way to go housekeeping & maintenance!

My stay previous I was as sick as I have ever been. The front desk sent up hot tea when they found out.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Wendy F, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for being a repeat customer of the Troy Courtyard. I appreciate you taking the time to provide me with your feedback on both of your stays. It always makes me proud to hear of the little things that my staff do on a daily basis to go above and beyond for our guests. It reinforces for me that they really are embracing the Marriott philosophy on taking care of our guests. I will be sure to pass along your comments at our daily meeting and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Wendy Fresorger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Weidman, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a very nice conference and business travelers hotel in Troy Michigan. One big hint is not to be on the ground floor at the back of the hotel, the trash pickup is around 4:00 AM and the garbage truck definitely wakes you up. Breakfast area is large with plenty of USA Today's available. Room was very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor on the back of the hotel, the garbage truck will wake you up in the wee hours...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the positive feedback on the Troy Courtyard. I appreciate you taking the time to submit a review. I will be sure to pass your comments on the cleanliness of the guest room on to our housekeeping team!

I will also be contacting the trash company to speak to them about changing the pick up time for the trash removal. I certainly can understand how that could wake you and assure you I will be addressing it promptly.

I hope to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again in the future.

West Bloomfield, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have never wrote a bad review before ....My fiancé and I were trying to check in this Saturday 4/11/15 at 11pm while they were on the transitions of switching shifts, We usually have our reservations ready before hand but due to difficulties on our phone we couldn't book sooner (we do understand they have to be done online and in advance). We decided to get assistance from the front desk to help us find the category and apply the family discount because we couldn't find it. Both shifts; the afternoon and night audit seemed irritated and not welcoming at all. (Smiles are NOT free!!!) I handed them our discount voucher and the night audit lady gave it back to me with an attitude and said she couldn't accept it because it didn't have a similar print on the logo due to the layout on the printer. Did I mentioned we have stayed here before with the same kind of vouchers and they take them all the time before? Well this is NOT about the discounts at all anymore because we didn't mind paying full rack rate, its about the employees unprofessionalism and their attitude. When we had to leave around 2:45am the lobby was dark and we didn't see anyone at the desk. We saw someone at the table with the television on in front of the market and it was the night audit lady sound asleep with a pillow snugged up. Are they allowed to sleep while on the clock? WOW. We were going to take a picture to prove to you but we dint want to wake her up.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Wendy F, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Troy Courtyard.

My team and I work very hard to uphold the level of service that has come to be expected from a Marriott hotel. I apologize for the experience that you had when visiting and would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you personally. My goal in requesting you to contact me is to ensure this never happens again in the future as well as ensure you are satisfied with the resolution.

I can be contacted at the hotel Monday through Friday from 6:30am until 5pm. I look forward to speaking with you.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The top floor is very quiet and so is outside. The room is clean and the stuff is nice. Whirlpool looks nice but we don't have time for it. We do see several families enjoy it and the pool. The location is convenient, many restaurants around and close to HWY 75 to Detroit or Great Lakes Crossing Outlets.

Room Tip: pick top floor
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for choosing the Troy Courtyard for your recent visit to the Detroit area.

I appreciate your positive feedback on the cleanliness and amenities of the hotel. I agree that the location is convenient to both shopping and some great restaurants!

I look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

internet quality was OK - it is free of charge. also in the gym the items worked well and without any troubles. regarding breakfast - is normally not included in the room-rate and not that cheap. rooms itself have been clean and big - I never tried the swimming pool...

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Wendy F, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy, responded to this review, March 16, 2015
Thank you for choosing the Troy Courtyard for your recent visit to the Detroit area.

I am happy to hear that the internet speed met your needs. We recently upgraded our routers and expanded our bandwidth in an effort to meet our guests needs during peak times. Also, the fitness equipment was just replaced in March!

Although breakfast is not automatically included in our standard room rates, during the week you can add breakfast for one on to your rate for an additional $5. A tall Starbucks brewed coffee is included in that breakfast offer as well as full breakfast options made fresh for you. It is actually a great value and I hope you give it a try the next time that you stay with us!

I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Gillette, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015 via mobile

My usual Troy Marriott hotel was sold out, so I was directed to their alternate Troy property. The desk and cafe staff was REALLY friendly, helpful...especially the evening front desk staff. The rooms were refreshed, but you could tell this was a 25 year old hotel that needed a complete refurbishment in order to justify the $200 a night room rate. The grounds were reasonably secure, building too.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Wendy F, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy, responded to this review, March 13, 2015
You indicated in your response that the hotel staff was great but the hotel looked dated. During our recent renovation the decor was designed by the corporate design team. I feel bad that it looks old to some of our guests in light of the fact it is only 2 years old. I know that Marriott has recently changed to a new design package but unfortunately we will not see it for at least 5 more years. You're a valued customer and we appreicate your business.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2015

I stayed here with my colleague for 1 night on the way to Miami. The location was good for me to commute down to the city. Room was spacious and clean enough for us. Most of all, it was a quiet location yet not far from the main road. I would stay here again on my next trip to Detroit.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Wendy F, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy, responded to this review, January 29, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit to the Troy Courtyard. I appreciate your positive feedback on our housekeeping departments efforts to provide you a nice clean environment. I agree that the Troy Courtyard is a good location with easy access to I75. Our location is 15 miles north of downtown Detroit and is near Somerset Mall and an array of great restaurants. I look forward to having you visit us again in the future!

Wendy Fresorger

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy? Share your experiences!