“Wedding hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Troy
Farmington, Michigan
“Wedding hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Rooms were comfortable and clean. I booked this hotel in conjunction with my wedding at Club Venetian. I booked a block and qualified for a free shuttle! My only gripe is that the website offered a significant savings for prebooking over my discounted block rate. Our event coordinator said there was nothing she could do to lower our price or have those rooms count towards our block of rooms. Some people saved over $70 for their two night stay.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Wendy F, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for choosing the Troy Courtyard for the block of rooms for your wedding. I appreciate your positive feedback on the cleanliness of the guest rooms. I apologize about any confusion on your contracted rate. The wedding contracts are typically signed months in advance and the hotel does our best to negotiate a discount that will benefit our guests. We always offer an upgrade to a king suite for the bride and groom as well as the complimentary shuttle to and from the venue for all of your guests. The reason that we have a 10 room minimum requirment is that shuttle is not just a hotel shuttle but a 25 passenger shuttle bus that the hotel pays for on your behalf. I truly appreciate your business and hope that your wedding day was amazing!

Wendy Fresorger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice visit. Close to everything. I love the beds and we had so much fun with the bistro workers! Enjoyable! We got a bereavement rate as we made a group th of rooms for our close friends funeral. Thank you to Courtyard!

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on my hotel. I would like to offer my sympathy on the passing of your friend. Your positive comments regarding the beds and bathroom set up are very much appreciated; and it's always nice to hear that my associates are having fun with our guests! I hope that you come back to visit us again in the future.

Shelbyville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at the Hilton Homewood Suites last week and for the same money there were twice as many TV channels including four more HBO channels free breakfast free dinner and free coffee in the lobby. Plus it is a (Homewood) suite instead of a room! Here they are trying to get you to pay for everything! There is not even any free coffee in the lobby (there is the usual free coffee in the room.) Courtyard is not geared towards business traveler. Go else where.

• Stayed December 2014
Wendy F, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your visit to the Troy Courtyard. You indicated that the Bistro concept was not to your satisfaction. The Bistro concept was
introduce to Courtyard properties a few years ago and provide both expedited grab and go options as well as full American breakfast made fresh to order. We've added Starbucks coffee
that can be purchased and evening food service as well. Unfortunately , we did not meet your expectations and just know everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience.

Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past (approximately 30+ nights this year) and this has to be one of the worst stays that we have had at this hotel. There was a hockey team(s) staying at the hotel and the kids kept running up and down the hallways most of the afternoon on Friday. Finally, after hearing the "elephants" going up and down the hallways and screaming for 20 minutes I called the front desk with my complaint. The response was great.... "Thank you for letting us know, we have been trying to catch them for hours". After a few more minutes of the running, I stepped outside again and simply asked where their parents were with a response from the children "they are downstairs". Please note parents, a hotel hallways is not a playground, a jungle gym, or a place for your children to be left unattended. It is very disrupting to other guest.

We had another incident at this hotel on Saturday night around 3:30am. My boyfriend and 2 of his friends were in the lobby hanging out and a gentleman who was cleaning came and told everyone to "GO TO THEIR ROOMS". He was simply not professional about it and the lobby is a public place. He told everyone that if they did not go to their rooms he would call the police. Again, it was the hockey parents who were out of control in the lobby that ruined the fun for everyone.

Also, Saturday night we tried to purchase items from the market, however the night auditor disappeared for over an hour. We simply left a note with the items we took, our room number and how to get in touch with us, but I can assure you most guests do not do this. I can promise you that you are losing money in the middle of the night when the night auditor disappears.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Courtyard view. Most of them have have balcony's, but don't smoke on...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Wendy F, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I appreciate you being a repeat customer at the Troy Courtyard and taking the time to provide me feedback on your recent visit to my hotel. It is guests like you that give me the opportunity to work with my staff to improve and continually strive to provide the level of service our guests have come to expect from Marriott!

I apologize for the noise disturbance that you experienced from the group that we had staying in the hotel. I had brought in outside security in addition to my staff in an effort to be proactive in addressing the activity of the children. I can certainly understand how frustrating it would be to be disturbed when you were planning a relaxing visit. I would also like to assure you I will be following up with both the security and my associates to ensure the behavior you informed me of remains an isolated incident and will never reoccur in the future!

I hope that my staff and I have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Geneva, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

We were in town for a hockey tournament, this hotel was very unaccomodating to our group. They refused our group to use the meeting room in the evening, even though it was clearly empty. They also refused to group our teams rooms together. We have been to many tournaments, and any other hotel has always put the team on the same floor. The entire staff could use some coaching on how to treat guests. The breakfast they offered was a joke. Not all rooms had a refrigerator and our bathroom door lock was broken. Also, the heating unit in the room is very loud, and did not sleep well because of this. Troy was a very nice town with many nice restaurant choices, and I am sure there are much better lodging choices then the Marriott.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Wendy F, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
I appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and your choosing to stay at my hotel during your hockey tournament. We have always allowed our groups to utilize our meeting rooms but this particular weekend we already had rented out our meeting space so I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. We are in the process of putting refrigerators in every guest room and would have been more than happy to supply you with a refrigerator upon request. Once again , please accept my aoplogy and allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

I satyed here for 6 nights in a business trip and i really have no comment on the hotel.

Rooms are clean and well maintained and the service is great.

I really recommend this hotel if you need to focus on your work or to relax.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide me with feedback on your recent visit to the Troy Courtyard.

I appreciate the positive comments regarding the cleanliness and condition of the hotel. It is always nice to be able to provide positive reinforcement to my housekeeping and maintenance departments!

I hope my team and I have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014 via mobile

was in town for a hockey tournament. The rooms were clean and new. The grounds were well kept. The only issue I had was that they don't have refrigerators in every room.. You have to ask for one and hope they have it. They had meeting rooms for team meals.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Wendy F, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
Jennifer,

Thank you for the feedback on the Troy Courtyard. I appreciate your positive comments about the renovation. I have ordered additional refrigerators for the guest rooms and expect to have them in soon! Following the most recent order all guest rooms will have a refrigerator that will be in the room at all times. I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Wendy Fresorger

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy? Share your experiences!