“They really knock themselves out in service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Troy
Beavercreek, Ohio
“They really knock themselves out in service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is an older hotel that appears to be well maintained with very friendly, exceptional service.

The room was decently furnished. Decor was a tad dated but decently maintained although the furniture had relatively minor wear and tear issues.

The bed was comfortable. The TV was a flat screen and had around 40 cahnnels, some in HD and some not (that should have been).

The bathroom was rather large with the vanity in an area outisde of the room containing the tub and toilet. That made it convenient for two people to get ready at the same time.

Our room had a sliding glass door to the outside, but we had no porch. Apparently, the outside facing rooms don't have this feature, just the rooms thatr face the courtyard.

Speaking of courtyard, that was nice. It had plenty of seating. Great place to relax with a drink.

The lobby was updated. They had a large touchscreen montior that displayed weather and news highlights. The lobby had a small sundry shop as well as a limited service restaurant. Didn't eat at the restaurant because the prices looked high for what it was.

What striked me was how approachable the staff was and how they bent over backwards to accomomdate. I needed band aids, they gave them to me; I went in the wrong direction to get ice, they got me some; I needed more coffee, they sent someone to my room to bring me some. Housekeeping left a nice note telling me they hoped I was enjoying my stay, which was nice.

The establishment is oddly located on an east-west road that is between two exits off of I-75. Nothing is very far away, but there is nothing immediately around it except for several office buildings. This is probably why I got such a good deal on Priceline and why they go the extra mile to provide good service to try to capture business.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the inner courtyard so you get a balcony/porch with chairs.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Rochester, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Hot water tank broke at home and needed a good night's sleep witha hot shower. Staff were extremely polite and courteous along with a super clean hotel that didn't have a hotel smell to it. Room was exactly as pictured online and in room temperature control for AC was fantastic. Requested a 3rd floor room and couldn't have been happier except for the balcony not having any chairs to sit on outside. Only complaint was the hot elevator which needs a cooling system and maybe some tuning to allow for a smoother ride, but other than completely satisfied.

Room Tip: If you want a court view ask for a courtside room otherwise you maybe facing a park lot or business...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I have stayed here several times over the years and it is always a pleasure. They recently remodeled the lobby and it looks beautiful. I needed to extend my stay and the staff was very courteous.
Had a sandwich and a beer and the food quality was excellent and the beer was cold!
Great loacation for me, but it's not that far from a ton of restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel and I was very pleased both times. The staff is very nice and the rooms are kept very clean. I will put this on one of my favorite lists of places to stay when I go to,visit my son in Michigan!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel while visiting my uncle who was very ill. Upset with the situation I left my prescription eye glasses in the bathroom. As soon as I arrived back home, I called the hotel and the response I got was to call back at 9am for housekeeping. The woman on the phone sounded dismayed that I had called about it. The next day I called and I got the run around that it was not in the Lost and Found and that the person who cleaned my room was not in yet. I left my number in hopes that the person who cleaned my room would have set the glasses aside. Well, apparently the glasses that was in the bathroom walked off and disappeared on its own! I left a message with the General Manager and no one called back. So the moral of this story is that if you happen to stay at this Marriott, don't assume that if you leave anything behind that you will get it back. Really disappointed in the way the management handled this situation. Very poor service and dishonest housekeeping staff!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are quieter in the evening.
Green Features: Not very environmentally friendly as I did not see any recycling bins in the room or anywhere in the hotel!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Wendy F, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
I am so sorry that we did not find your glasses. I did receive your message, however the reason I did not contact you directly is that your brother in law spoke to me on the telephone and said that he was handling it. I apologize for the confusion! I want you to know that I personally searched the guest room, every single housekeeping cart, the laundry room and the housekeeping supervisors office where the lost and found items are turned in. I have the laundry ladies watching for the glasses and have made note of your contact information in the event that they turn up. I did follow up with your sister to let her know about my efforts and that I would file a report. I assure you I will be in contact with you immediately if we find them.

Wendy Fresorger
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Very nice hotel. Warm welcome. Gave 400 bonus points and welcome snacks. rooms are very big and clean. staffs are very friendly. close to major malls and shopping center. nice breakfast and starbucks available all the time

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Visiting clients in Detroit and had an early morning meeting in Troy so booked this hotel based on other reviews.

The hotel is a standard Courtyard. The hotel is nice and clean. Check-in was fine, acknowledged my Gold status. I had booked a King bed with breakfast so I was given a breakfast voucher for the next morning. As others have mentioned, breakfast is not free.

Room itself was clean and spacious. Plenty of plugs and a nice working desk. Wifi worked fine which was a plus. Gym was adequate. Drove to the somerset mall for dinner that evening.

Breakfast was made to order and included coffee. Service was very courteous which was a nice touch.

Overall, enjoyed this Courtyard, bright, clean and good service. Would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy? Share your experiences!