“Disappointed in the service!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Troy
Toronto, Canada
“Disappointed in the service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel while visiting my uncle who was very ill. Upset with the situation I left my prescription eye glasses in the bathroom. As soon as I arrived back home, I called the hotel and the response I got was to call back at 9am for housekeeping. The woman on the phone sounded dismayed that I had called about it. The next day I called and I got the run around that it was not in the Lost and Found and that the person who cleaned my room was not in yet. I left my number in hopes that the person who cleaned my room would have set the glasses aside. Well, apparently the glasses that was in the bathroom walked off and disappeared on its own! I left a message with the General Manager and no one called back. So the moral of this story is that if you happen to stay at this Marriott, don't assume that if you leave anything behind that you will get it back. Really disappointed in the way the management handled this situation. Very poor service and dishonest housekeeping staff!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are quieter in the evening.
Green Features: Not very environmentally friendly as I did not see any recycling bins in the room or anywhere in the hotel!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Wendy F, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
I am so sorry that we did not find your glasses. I did receive your message, however the reason I did not contact you directly is that your brother in law spoke to me on the telephone and said that he was handling it. I apologize for the confusion! I want you to know that I personally searched the guest room, every single housekeeping cart, the laundry room and the housekeeping supervisors office where the lost and found items are turned in. I have the laundry ladies watching for the glasses and have made note of your contact information in the event that they turn up. I did follow up with your sister to let her know about my efforts and that I would file a report. I assure you I will be in contact with you immediately if we find them.

Wendy Fresorger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Very nice hotel. Warm welcome. Gave 400 bonus points and welcome snacks. rooms are very big and clean. staffs are very friendly. close to major malls and shopping center. nice breakfast and starbucks available all the time

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Visiting clients in Detroit and had an early morning meeting in Troy so booked this hotel based on other reviews.

The hotel is a standard Courtyard. The hotel is nice and clean. Check-in was fine, acknowledged my Gold status. I had booked a King bed with breakfast so I was given a breakfast voucher for the next morning. As others have mentioned, breakfast is not free.

Room itself was clean and spacious. Plenty of plugs and a nice working desk. Wifi worked fine which was a plus. Gym was adequate. Drove to the somerset mall for dinner that evening.

Breakfast was made to order and included coffee. Service was very courteous which was a nice touch.

Overall, enjoyed this Courtyard, bright, clean and good service. Would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights in March this year. The hotel is very nice, the lobby and restaurant area is organized very well, nice ambience and the reception staff is friendly and helpful. The food was good but there was no complimentary breakfast. The room was large and spacious and wifi was good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

For starters I am not easy with my stars!
And we were really pleasantly surprised to find it
1. Excellent service
2. Very courteous staff
3. Spacious luxurious room
4. Pleasant small in hallways
5. Nice reception

I didn't try the Bistro or the food but seems to be tempting -:)

Job well done
Coming back if in Troy again
And was a n excellent deal too

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I chose this hotel because it was close to where i was doing business the 2 days i was here. Upon check in the staff was friendly and the overall process was quick. My room was very clean and i had a nice balcony overseeing the garden or greens area. I could hardly hear my neighbors through the wall. Most of the people here seemed on business so there were no kids running around. The pool area looked very nice and they had a great lobby where you could sit and get drinks and use the internet. The internet was fast and i was able to watch netflix no problem. The reason this doesn't get a 5 star review is the breakfast isn't free and isn't cheap. That alone will make me look at a different hotel in the future but I would be willing to stay here again as the overall experience was good.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Campos Do Jordao, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

As all franchising hotel, Courtyard in Troy offer to you an average service, a honest room, clean, with low level of amenyties, a funcional forniture without care to give to the business traveler, a small remeber of friendship. Use just for short term.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Wendy F, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you choosing the Troy Courtyard for your visit to Detroit. I appreciate you taking the time to review our Marriott managed hotel on Trip Advisor. You are indeed correct that Courtyards are ideal for the business traveler. The upgraded high speed internet access throughout the hotel enables our guests to work from their guest room or public space while enjoying the Bistro or just relaxing by the fireplace during this tough winter that we've had! If you have any specific concerns that you would like to discuss with me I encourage you to contact me at the hotel at 248-528-2800. Again, thank you so much for staying with us!

Wendy Fresorger