“I know it is 3 stars but can't help give it 5!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Troy
“I know it is 3 stars but can't help give it 5!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

For starters I am not easy with my stars!
And we were really pleasantly surprised to find it
1. Excellent service
2. Very courteous staff
3. Spacious luxurious room
4. Pleasant small in hallways
5. Nice reception

I didn't try the Bistro or the food but seems to be tempting -:)

Job well done
Coming back if in Troy again
And was a n excellent deal too

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I chose this hotel because it was close to where i was doing business the 2 days i was here. Upon check in the staff was friendly and the overall process was quick. My room was very clean and i had a nice balcony overseeing the garden or greens area. I could hardly hear my neighbors through the wall. Most of the people here seemed on business so there were no kids running around. The pool area looked very nice and they had a great lobby where you could sit and get drinks and use the internet. The internet was fast and i was able to watch netflix no problem. The reason this doesn't get a 5 star review is the breakfast isn't free and isn't cheap. That alone will make me look at a different hotel in the future but I would be willing to stay here again as the overall experience was good.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Campos Do Jordao, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

As all franchising hotel, Courtyard in Troy offer to you an average service, a honest room, clean, with low level of amenyties, a funcional forniture without care to give to the business traveler, a small remeber of friendship. Use just for short term.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Wendy F, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you choosing the Troy Courtyard for your visit to Detroit. I appreciate you taking the time to review our Marriott managed hotel on Trip Advisor. You are indeed correct that Courtyards are ideal for the business traveler. The upgraded high speed internet access throughout the hotel enables our guests to work from their guest room or public space while enjoying the Bistro or just relaxing by the fireplace during this tough winter that we've had! If you have any specific concerns that you would like to discuss with me I encourage you to contact me at the hotel at 248-528-2800. Again, thank you so much for staying with us!

Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott for work for 5 days. The staff is so friendly and the rooms are very clean and comfortable.
I thought the food served in the bistro was reasonably priced and the staff was friendly there too.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
JoAnn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at the Troy Courtyard. I appreciate your feedback on the cleanliness and will pass the compliment on to the housekeeping staff. Our goal is to make you feel that the Troy Courtyard is your home away from home. I hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

My son and I stayed here and loved the people and the the property. Yes, it's a little older but it just doesn't matter. The price was excellent. Our room overlooked a stunning and well-maintained garden. The Courtyard is super close to the stunning Somerset Mall, a wonderful Whole Foods and a new Carrabas is close to opening (I was in the area again a few weeks ago). Easy on the pocketbook and spotlesss. Nice people, nice place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate the positive feedback you provided regarding your stay at the Troy Courtyard. You are correct that the hotel was built in 1986, however recent renovations of both the lobby and the guest rooms have kept us current! It sounds like you had a great time exploring Troy and all that the area has to offer. I think the shopping is fantastic and we certainly get a lot of shoppers staying with us as well as business travelers. I hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stay here quite often due to the proximity of the hotel to our offices in Troy. Nothing special. The take-out restaurant has decent breakfast sandwiches, but I would prefer more of an actual meal. Rooms are fine for leaving your bags and going to bed.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
It's great to hear that you stay at the Troy Courtyard often for business.

I appreciate your feedback following the completion of our Bistro and guest room renovation in February of 2013. We are always looking for opportunities to improve and better enable us to meet the needs of our guests.

I just wanted to point out that the Bistro restaurant does offer full breakfast options should you choose. Our cook will make you a plated breakfast of eggs, your choice of meats, potatoes and toast fresh for you from the kitchen. If you prefer, one of our most popular items it the French toast!

If there is anything that we can do to make your future stay's more comfortable, please contact me directly at the hotel at 248-528-2800.

Shaker Heights, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Older courtyard with usual lobby updates to make it appear fresh. Rooms in dire need of updates. This is one of the only hotels I've ever visited that does not provide coffee in the lobby for free. Large work area in lobby. Close enough to Troy and the highway. Probably won't stay here next trip out.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for the feedback that you provided on the Troy Courtyard. You are correct in that the hotel was built in 1986. We did indeed finish a complete renovation in February 2013 that addressed the entire hotel. We updated the lobby to the new Courtyard concept with the Bistro offering fresh for you food both morning and night. We've enabled our guests to work or relax in the lobby while enjoying a cocktail or a cup of Starbucks coffee!

The guest room renovation included all of the furnishings - carpeting, wall vinyl, furniture and added the brand new Courtyard bed. During the renovation I added single cup brew coffee makers in the guest room with disposable cups to enable you to quickly brew a cup of coffee in the comfort of your room. We've received an excellent response from the majority of our guests, however if you have specific suggestions that could improve our guests experience I would be happy to discuss them with you. I can be reached at the hotel at 248-528-2800.

I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Wendy Fresorger

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy? Share your experiences!