“Hard to dislike” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Troy
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Hard to dislike”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

When I checked into my room here, I wanted to dislike the place. The furniture and room were a bit dated. And yet everything was spotlessly clean, the bed was extremely comfortable and there was a really nice flat screen television. What more could I want, really? What I got was excellent service. The free buffet was a nice touch, though I wouldn't want to rely on it for dinner. Every staff member I talked to was very nice and really helpful.
This hotel is what it is. It is not as swanky as some of the chains I visit, but they don't nickle and dime you for everything either. If you have to stay in the Troy area for business or pleasure, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

361 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Markham, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

While in Michigan for the week, we decided to split our stay between the Frankenmuth and Troy Drury Inns (3 nights each)
- We were hoping for a bit of a variation in food (at breakfast and late afternoon/early evening kickback times), but unfortunately, it was practically identical to the previous 3 days in Frankenmuth!
- The staff was reasonably friendly, but not quite as accomodating as the hosts back in Frankenmuth
- The property was much larger and the atmosphere was therefore much less personal, wanting to end food service right on time as scheduled
- The pool and hot tub were bigger than the ones in Frankenmuth, but jammed full of people, so we did not use them; call it bad luck, I guess!
- The room size was identical but cost us $25/night more; still quite reasonable considering the food, drink and spacious rooms that were provided
- The triple A discout did not hurt either!

Room Tip: Definitely as for the double room (two double beds in the back and a pull out with option for a cot...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Troy, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you staying with us at Troy and for staying with our friends in Frankenmuth, Michigan. I am looking forward to sharing your comments with the Frankenmuth team. As you were able to experience, every evening at Drury, we offer a "5:30 kickback", which includes complimentary drinks and a variety of different food items. I am happy to inform you we will soon be adding a few new food items to our evening menu. We look forward to seeing you the next time you return to our area.

Thank you once again!

Joe Del Serrone
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This was a very nice hotel for the price. We stayed two nights in a two room suite. The room was very very clean. It was a decent size for a suite. the furniture was slighted outdated and pillows were uncomfterable, bring your own. the brekfest was good nothing too special. The free kickback was good as well but again, nothing too special. The one thing that was special about this hotel was the staff. Every single staff member i encountered was friendly and had a smile. Overall this is a good hotel for the value. If it wasnt for the free extras and the nice staff this hotel would get a low raiting. Nice place to stay near detroit and in a very upscale part of Troy.

London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Have stayed @ Drury on numerous occasions, bu this time had noisy neighbours, no fault of Hotel, but he Hotel staff were fabulous, moved us 2 another room and were just great about it.

best hotel staff i have ever come across

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Concord, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

While in town for our traditional Nascar race experience. I developed a very sore mouth and tooth ache. I called the front desk to see if they could assist me in finding a dentist on a Saturday. Not only did they find me a local dentist, "Joe" the General Manager called me back in less 5 minutes and had already called and spoken with the dentist, and he even had a map with the driving directions waiting for us.
My husband and I were so happy and grateful for the quick and caring way in which my situation was handled.
Thanks again, I look forward to visiting this location again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

As Canadians we often go shopping to the States and there's no better place to stay than The Drury Inn. The staff are always sooooooooo friendly and accommodating. We look forward to the 5.30 kickback in the evening and the breakfast in the morning. There's always a great variety of food to choose from and lots of it. We're also able to take our family dog with us, which is important to us as he's one of the family. We always tell our friends and family about the Drury Inn.

Berea, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Spent Fri-Mon here and couldn't have asked for anything...sofa bed in living room came with sheets,pillows,towels,etc all in large plastic storage bag-a first for us..fantastic layout in suite..bedroom not even visible from living room. Fantastic hot breakfast ever day...5:30 kickback every evening with free cocktails. Menu changed every night: salad, baked potatoes, hot dogs, make your own nachos, chicken tenders, etc. Free self serve soft drinks and popcorn from 3-10. Fantastic bed...so comfortable...Fantastic manager and staff who couldn't do enough for us when my husband got sick. Can't wait to find a reason to come back...I will make sure to bring my bathing suit..Fantastic indoor heated pool and whirlpool.

Room Tip: Stayed in suite and they even added a Sunday night half price special. No smoking meant no smoking...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Troy? Share your experiences!