“Better than average” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Detroit - Troy

You added Quality Inn Detroit - Troy to your Saves list
Quality Inn Detroit - Troy
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2537 Rochester Court, I-75 & Rochester Road, Troy, MI 48083 (Formerly Holiday Inn Detroit - Troy)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Troy
Tavernier, Florida
“Better than average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Well run chain motel. Our rooms were comfortable and clean and the staff was helpful and effiecient. Breakfast was plentiful and satisfying. The location was great for us but a little difficult to find, thankfully we had a GPS. There is a bar and we had a free glass of wine and appetizers. Well done especially for a chain motel

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
qualityinntroy, General Manager at Quality Inn Detroit - Troy, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thanks for your review! I'm happy to hear we exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Kalkaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Check in was quick and easy. It is an older property but in good repair. Our room was clean and roomy. It was 2nd floor in the rear of the hotel. Very quiet, even though I-75 is nearby. Motel is easily accessible from I-75. The breakfast is much better than a standard continental breakfast. Eggs, bacon and sausage. There is a breakfast room attendant who works very hard at keeping the dirty dishes cleared, brings extra coffee to the table and just seems very attentive to the guests needs. I would definitely return to this motel.

Room Tip: Our room was 2nd floor in the back. Very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We have an excellent breakfast attendant, I will pass along your compliments to him. I'm glad to know you had a great stay. We hope to see you next time you're in the area!
Janesville, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

While overall not a bad hotel, it is tired and probably could use some loving care. We spent 3 nights here while visiting family in the Royal Oak area and it certainly met our needs, I am unsure I would stay again. The rooms are large and have all the regulars but the decor is in need of an update and maintenance. The breakfast provided is decent, but limited and there was a large sign posted above the buffet that food was not to be taken from the buffet area - meaning, no "to go", and they meant it. They provided no disposable plates, silverware, etc. of any kind. While the owners/management many feel this saves them money, it really turned us off and made us feel like we were being nickled and dimed for no reason. The last thing about this hotel is the location, it is way off the beaten path and you will need to drive to do anything.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT on the I-75 side of the hotel if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review. I'm happy to know our hotel met your needs. I will make note of your breakfast comment and discuss it with management staff. We hope to see you again while in the area!
Michigan City, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I like to stay here when visiting my mother by myself. I feel
safe, comfortable and in a location with many restaurants and stores to visit.
I try to plan to visit on the weekend when the prices are more affordable for me.
The rooms are comfortable and nicely decorated and the lobby is beautiful with
a restaurant if you'd like to just stay in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review. I'm glad that you are happy with the level of service our hotel provides. We hope you will continue to stay with us when you are in the area!
Arlington, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This hotel is wonderful. I had no experience with Quality but will not hesitate to stay again. This property is neat and clean, the front desk is well staffed with friendly people, the breakfast is the best with lots of choices and a full service attendant. The attendant was so helpful and friendly. He kept us stocked with coffee and juice, cleared the table for us and by the way, the dishes are china and the utensils are metal. No paper plates and plasticware.

The location is just a bit off because of the way they rebuilt the roads around here but it is still easy to get to and worth every penny you pay here.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad location here. All the rooms are down one long hall and easy to ge...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your review! I have to agree that we have a wonderful breakfast attendant, he does a great job. I'm happy to know you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see you again!
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel is well maintained and staffed by friendly people. The location (although a little difficult to find initially) worked well for attending the Dream Cruise on Woodward. The breakfast was good. The outside areas had sufficient lighting for overnight parking of classic cars. Although the hotel appears older, the rooms are comfortable and affordable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay (and hopefully The Dream Cruise). We'll see you next year!
midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

As a contract engineer having lived temporarily in many places, through out the week, I am fussy about where I stay. But I also have to watch my budget. The Quality Inn suits the requirements - comfortable and reasonably priced. I have been there several months, commuting home on weekends. The rooms are large, clean, and quiet. However, I am surprised that none of the rooms (that I stayed in) have bathroom exhaust fans. Maybe the local codes don't require them, but it would be better if they were there to get rid of odors.

There are very small refrigerators in each room, but a microwave in each room would also help for longer term stays. There is one microwave on each floor, but a long walk to use it, carrying hot food.

The lobby is large and inviting, and reminds me of an upscale type hotel from the old days. The staff is friendly, courteous, and always helpful.

Location is convenient right off of I-75.

Room Tip: There are 2 elevators, one at each end of a very long building. Try to avoid a room in the middle if...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your review! I appreciate your comments on our rooms. I'm glad to see you find us comfortable and budget friendly. It's great to know we are your choice of hotels when you're in the area, see you soon!

Been to Quality Inn Detroit - Troy? Share your experiences!