“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Detroit - Troy

You added Quality Inn Detroit - Troy to your Saves list
Quality Inn Detroit - Troy
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2537 Rochester Court, I-75 & Rochester Road, Troy, MI 48083 (Formerly Holiday Inn Detroit - Troy)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Troy
Shepherd
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I always stay there was I'm down that way for business. Beds are great, service is great, food is great! Will always continue to stay there and recommend others to stay there as well.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
qualityinntroy, General Manager at Quality Inn Detroit - Troy, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Well, I am sorry about the issues you encountered, AND thank you for your kind words about the rest of your stay. We look forward to having you back and hope your next review will be *****! : )

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Cleveland, Ohio
1,182 helpful votes 1,182 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I really loved this place when I stayed here in September (see my review dated October 7, 2011). I was back here again about a month afterward and still thought it was outstanding. However, my most recent visit in January had caused my to lower my rating one notch.

It is still a very good place to stay and I would recommend it, but there were a couple of issues this last trip that caused me to down-grade my rating one notch. The negatives were:

1. The first room I was assigned had a problem with the fire dector beeping intermittently. Although the hotel immediately assigned me a new room two doors down, I was not that impressed was the individual at the front desk. In the past, the front desk staff have been outstanding, personable and just great to deal with. This guy was professional, but seemed bored about the whole issue. The fire dector continued to beep until I went to sleep; you could here in from the halls and even slightly from my new room.

2. Although the bathroom was exceptionally clean, the carpet in my room needed a better vacumming; it was obvious that no one had cleaned the rug under the desk area in a while. UGH.

On the other hand, I still really like this place, particularly due to:

1. Great price for area; I always upgrade to the jacuzzi room. which is great.

2. Beds are comfortable; room layout is good if you want to do some work, e.g., good desk with adequate lighting.

3. PCs in the business center alcove are great to catch up on email etc., if you are not bringing a laptop with you.

4. Excellent deal in the bar area -- from 6 to 7:30 pm for Choice Members (no cost to join) there is a free bar for beer, wine and soda, and a free bar foods buffet. The food is great, and the woman and man who work the bar are exceptional. Great time.

I will continue to use this Quality Inn for my home base when in the Detroit area, but this last trip just wasn't as good as in the past.

Room Tip: Upgrade for the jacuzzi -- it is worth it.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Morrisville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

We previously wrote a negative review for this property (on October 31, 2011). We had purchased a Groupon deal for a one-night stay in a jacuzzi room with two breakfasts and two drinks and two desserts from the lounge included. We had called to make our reservation, and unbeknownst to us, the woman who handled our reservation over the phone incorrectly entered our reservation date. When we arrived to check in on a Friday night, they told us that our reservation was supposed to be for the previous Monday and that we were a no-show. Because of this, our Groupon was revoked, we lost our money, and they wouldn't give us a room without us paying the full price. We left extremely disappointed.

The following week, the manager of the hotel (who wasn't present at the time of our arrival) called and apologized repeatedly for the mistake. He offered us a night in a jacuzzi room at no charge and $25 to go out to dinner to make up for things, and we accepted.

The manager hadn't mentioned that they would also honor our original Groupon deal at no cost to us, but when we arrived the attendant presented us with both the $25 as promised and a set of tickets to redeem for breakfast and the two drinks and desserts. We were very pleasantly surprised.

The room itself was large and very clean, *including* the jacuzzi (sometimes you never know what you're going to get)... we were quite happy with it. At the Wheel House Lounge, we met Randy the bartender, who was friendly and a hoot to talk to. Breakfast also exceeded our expectations, and there was a nice older gentleman who refilled our coffee and made it feel more like a restaurant setting even though it was just a breakfast buffet.

We are pleased to replace our previous negative review with this positive one after the Quality Inn made the extra effort to win back our business.

Room Tip: Not the most scenic location. Best if you just plan to sleep there and explore the town, as it's...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
I remember reaching out to this guest because I had to do something about the fact his anniversary was disrupted due to our hotel. What a pleasure to deal with and I completely appreciate a guest who understands that things happen from time to time. Thank you! We hope to see you again!
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

The hotel itself is dated but fine. The staff on seeing what our family group was trying to do opened a conference room for our use. Things like this are remembered and appreciated.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We find Quality Inns to always be comfortable, and this one was. We slept well. For breakfast, we paid $9.44 for two. Hot buffet similar to all the Comfort Inns, but it was in a large meeting room. Perhaps it was b/c there was a class reunion having breakfast. Two men were serving the juice and coffee and clearing the tables. They left the pot of coffee on the table. We thought our breakfast would be included, but the receptionist checked our rate, and said it didn't include breakfast. But the breakfast was fine, and it was downstairs, so that is convenient. The room value is good. This Inn is hard to find at night, using the side streets coming from Troy. Luckily, we had a print out from MapQuest to guide us.

Room Tip: Use GPS to find this place, if confused, at night.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Breakfast is not complimentary to all guests who pay to stay.
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We were in Detroit for a 50th high school reunion and this was the headquarters hotel. The location would not seem to provide a challenge, but it's tucked back away from I-75 and required a couple of wrong turns before we actually arived. It turned out to be perfect for this event . Facilities were just right for a Friday evening meet-and-greet and a Sunday morning farewell breakfast (Saturday night gala was elsewhere). Bar and restaurant on site; nice ambiance and good food, based on one experience. Room was large and very quiet; bathroom a bit small, however, with limited counter space. Friendly and helpful staff from housekeeping on up. Complimentary breakfast was well done with several hot items. If you are in the area, check it out.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side might be quieter (side we stayed on) but it's far enough from the freewa...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
1,182 helpful votes 1,182 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

As I had an early morning meeting in Troy, spent one night here. Although not new or fancy, this place was an outstanding value due to reasonable price and great, friendly service. Everyone I interacted with here did an exceptional job --- from the front-desk check-in and check-out to servers in the attached bar and restaurant.

Since the price was so reasonable, I upgraded my room to a juacuzzi suite which was great! Room and bath was spotlessly clean, bed was very comfortable and lay-out of room with desk and lighting was good for working. There was also a free business center.

There is a happy hour with free drinks and free food -- it was an excellent Italian pasta the night I stayed there. The pasta w/ bread sticks was so good that I didn't even need to buy dinner.

This at one time was a Holiday Inn, but new management has taken over and they seem to be very committed to customer service.

The hotel is located close to I-75, but a little difficult to access (basically circle around to a dead-end residential area), but once you get there, you will be pleased with your stay.

Great value, great service. great experience. If I am back in the area, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn Detroit - Troy? Share your experiences!