“Great food as always” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 246 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: French, Fondue
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Big Beaver and Crooks
Description: We are the premier fondue restaurant where guests can enjoy a choice of fondue cooking styles and a variety of unique entrees, salads and indulgent desserts. It's up to you. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for fondue cheese paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie.
“Great food as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I can't describe how much I love fondue! The best part is that you get unlimited fruit, veggies and bread to dip. The fondue choices are all so flavorful! I enjoy getting to cook my own meats and seafood. It's a fun experience. My favorite dips are the Gorgonzola and curry yogurt. Omg....soooo good! And then dessert with unlimited fruit, marshmallows....
Sooooo delectable!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Rochester, Michigan, United States
“Wonderful place for Special Occasion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is the perfect place for a special occasion, something different. I took my 16 year-old here for her birthday. They have food choices for everyone including vegetarians. We did the four course dinner with cheese, salad, entree and dessert. As a package this was plenty of food. I am not sure it would be if you just did the entree. The food was excellent. Since it was my daughter's birthday they brought out a plate with Happy Birthday written in chocolate and a candle. Make sure to make a reservation. We made reservations and were sat right away - but it was also a Monday night. If you do the full dinner, plan to spend a bundle but as a special occasion it was worth it.

My only disappointment was our waiter did not take the time to explain the specials, process sauces, etc., like other wait staff around us did. I know he had several tables but I felt slighted when I listened to others. Other than that his service was great and so was the food!

Perfect place if you are a couple as it is very private. They have little alcoves and booths all over.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Davison, Michigan, United States
“Not Impressed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was very excited to try this restaurant but the overall experience wasn't what I had hoped. We had reservations for 8:30 pm and when we arrived it was obvious there had been some reservations snafu. The people at the front desk were poring over the reservation computer, worker's coming, looking at the computer, going and then coming back. I checked with the desk a couple times and was told that customers weren't moving fast enough and they couldn't kick them out. My first gripe was the wait and the attitude of the front desk. So we waited 47 minutes to be seated! And here's my second gripe. The waiting area is just ONE bench seat, right in front of the entryway door. Not the best place when every time the door opens a blast of frigid air comes rolling in. And with more and more people coming in to wait (47 minutes!) there isn't enough space for the waiting customers. My third gripe is that the lighting in this restaurant is very dim. When you're trying to cook your own food it would be nice it you could see where the cooking process is at. And the fourth and final gripe is that there is a bar area right in the middle of the seating area. There were a couple of extremely drunk, loud and raunchy individuals seated there at the bar and there were quite a few families with children seated where they could hear the remarks. So overall, I was a bit disappointed with my visit.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Annie K, General Manager at The Melting Pot, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank your for taking the time to share your feedback. I absolutely understand your frustration. Our reservation system did go down, and our glassed in vestibule is under construction. You did seem pleased with the service and I hope you will give us the opportunity on another occasion to show you that we do pride ourselves in providing the perfect night out. Please feel free to call me at the restaurant if you would like to discuss your dining experience in more detail. Thank you
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Foundues paradise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I took my wife for a Birthday. Reservation was for 7.45pm and we waited 30 minutes before seating. We took the four course menu (cheese fondue/salad/main fondue/chocolate fondue). Portion were great: enough to enjoy but not so much we were overstuff... even if we could not finish the desert. Food was high quality (filet mignon, lobster were tasty). The two main problems encountered were the length of the meal: almost three hours. Also, I took the fish trio but when the food arrived, our server apologized they had run out of Mahi-Mahi. I said fine, just give me a lobster tail ($5 difference on the menu). Apparently, it was not possible and the manager refused. By the way, we never saw him/her. Finally, I told the waitress to bring it anyway and that I would pay the difference. We thought they could have handled that differently, thus my rating.

Visited January 2014
Annie K, General Manager at The Melting Pot, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to sharing your feedback about your dining experience. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional food and service, and I am so sorry we did not meet your expectations.
Livonia, Michigan
“Dip to your heart's content”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The food is excellent, as all Melting Pots are. The dessert is to die for. If you have the chocalate you might if you have diabetes lol. I ate too much. My wife had to bring 25% of her's home sooooo we enjoyed it very much.l

• Visited January 2014