“Poor service” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

11-28-2012. Went for a birthday party and had to wait until the entire party was there. Hostess told us right away that our table was ready but could not seat us. She ask if I would like to talk to a manager. I thought what the heck, why not. Manager approached me and asked me to hang on and he would see what he can do... A few minutes later he said the same thing (I don't think he knew the hostess had told us our table was ready). He stumbled around wasting time so we would wait for the rest of our party. It's obvious they care more about the money than taking care of customers. The thing is, they weren't even that busy. Wait staff was also very unfriendly. I haven't been there in 10 years. Now I remember why.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

62% Recommend
TROY
“TAKE OUT NOT SO GOOD”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

When we eat inside the restaurant the food is good but too expensive for pizza. When ever we order take out, the pizza is not any where near as good as what is served inside the restaurant. I have talked to the managers several times, and nothing changes, so we stopped ordering takeout pizza from them quite a while ago. They are living on their reputation and this nickle and dimming the customer for every little thing will come back to haunt them (like it is now). If you're OK with paying through the nose for a good pizza, then Alibi is your place

They also charge extra for every little thing. When I order a pizza here, I order pepperoni on the whole pizza and then 1/2 with sausage and 1/2 with olives, they charge for THREE items. At every other pizza place they charge for TWO items. If you want extra sauce, they charge more money... By the time you leave, it costs a fortune for their pizza, so we don't do take out pizza at Alibi any more...

For a family of 5 to go out for pizza, its expensive when you add up all the extra charges and the tip, so we just opt for takeout from Dolly's, Jetts, Papa Romano's or make it from scratch at home (that's the best!)

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
cincinnati ,oh
“fantastic pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is the third time we have eaten here, and each time was great. My daughter lives nearby, so this will be a regular for us.

The pizza is about the best I have ever eaten, and since I'm 63, that's a lot of pizza!

The waitress we had this time was excellent, very friendly and on the ball. She would have made it a great experience, even if the food was just okay

• Visited October 2012
South Lyon, Michigan
“The best pizza ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I grew up in Troy and have been eating at the Alibi for as long as I can remember. Even after the restaurant was moved to the new building and the old structure torn down, the quality of the pizza has always been amazing. If you want a real treat, Alibi is worth the trip, and worth the wait. There is no call-ahead seating, and the staff will only seat you once your whole party is present. Don't miss this pizza - I'm serious!

• Visited September 2012
Rochester Hills
“Best Pizza In Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have been eating at the Alibi for years. The Pizza and antipasta salad is the best around. I won't buy pizza from any of the local chains. Fish and chips are excellent.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Alibi? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Alibi, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.