“Given the choice might go elsewhere.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 232 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Crooks and I75
Birmingham, Michigan
“Given the choice might go elsewhere.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

There were four of us dinning here the other night. We had a reservation for 8:15. We arrived early and went to the bar for drinks first. It was Saturday and the restaurant was some what busy.

The staff in the bar was attentive but nothing to rave about. I feel in a restaurant of this category the bar staff would be more interested in going over what they offer or is a signature drink to Ruth's Chris. You'll get better sales. Service wasn't bad just expected something a little more impressive.

Ann was our server in the dining room and she was very nice and attentive. Our food was good. I would agree with another review that the Ribeye comes out very rare. We too ordered it med-rare and it came more rare than my rare fillet. It was the first time I had seen a ribeye cooked blue. But again it was edible.
All in All it was good just nothing to rave about. I feel it is time for another remodel. The nice dinning area is small. If I come back I will not let them seat me in the back corner of the back room
There are other steak places close by that I would go to first before coming back here.
When making a reservation I would tell them you want to be in the main dinning area.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Battle Creek
“First time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I was treated to this by my boyfriend..WOW what an experience..The server was very knowledgeable and professional. She took her time explaining how things worked and her recommendations on how to save some $$ as well as what to order for my picky pallet. I ordered chicken gumbo soup, salad, steak and cheesy potatoes. The steak came on a 500 degree plate with sizzling melted butter. The steak was the best I had ever tasted. The potatoes were cooked perfectly and just enough to share with my boyfriend. For desert we chose cheese cake and a cookie which we ended up taking with us because we were to full..I would recommend this to anyone who wishes to treat themselves to a upscale meal..Although a bit pricey the quality and service is well worth it...

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Detroit, Michigan
“Worst experience at a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I used to be a regular. The bartender could recite my order. I took a first timer after weeks of anticipatory raving. We made reservations for 9p on December 6. We were seated at 9:30p - taking with us a moderately priced bottle of Acacia wine. We were seated in what looked like a hastily put together room for uninvited wedding guest - brightly lit with round tables covered in white linen and matching fake walls made of same linen. My always perfect medium rare ribeye came out a minimum of 15 degrees undercooked and the 500 degree plate was not. Not the impression I was hoping to give my companion. We should have gone to Mr. Paul's in Roseville. I provided comments via the Ruth's corporate website and have not received any apology. I have had my last Ruth's ribeye.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Best fillet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We ate hear for our daughter's 13th Birthday because it is her favourite restaurant. We all enjoy various ethnic foods, but if you want an excellent fillet this is the place. The BBQ shrimp appetizers were awesome too. Amy was our server and she made our daughter feel like a queen. We not only had a wonderful meal, but a lovely night and a memory we will remember for a while.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
troy
“Disappointing experience, never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Our friends chose Ruths Chris, their favorite restaurant, to celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary.

Service was fine, not excellent. Three of the four meals were very good. However, one bone in rib eye was very fatty, barely edible and not enjoyable....a big disappointment at over $40 an entre. When my friend told the waitress about her husbands steak, nothing was done. BIG disappointment.

In the meantime, we were placed in a booth even though my friend specified we did not want a booth when she made the reservation. The tables in our area were occupied by couples who looked like they were shopping at Walmart rather than out to dinner (Seriously, dirty uncombed hair, old sloppy tee shirts, etc).

Shortly thereafter thise folks lef!t only to be replaced at one table by a businessman and a very young hooker (yes the restaurant confirmed we were right and they see her and a few more hookers there regularly). The other table was a family of 4 (2 adults, a 2 year old and an infant). No problem, I have nothing against well behaved children in high end restaurants. However, the parents allowed the 2 year old to watch a video during our dinner, and the sound level was extremely high. We asked our server to have them turn it down a bit and the parents were obviously annoyed with us. Almost a comedy of errors.
All in all.......I would go to Mortons, Flemmings, Cameron Mitchell or Hyde Park. Too many great choices in this area to settle for this disappointment.

• Visited November 2013