“DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 246 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Detroit, Michigan
“DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

If your even considering going to this TERIBLE establishment your lucky I'm saving you! TODAY 2/4/13 there was a COCKROACH in my food!! The staff is AWFUL! Not to mention the uncomfortable atmosphere! Unless your crazy don't step a foot in this restaurant!! You're welcome

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Favorite Middle Eastern place to eat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

La Marsa is fantastic. The food is great and the service is wonderful. The rice pudding is "to die for". I always take at least half the food home since the portions are so generous.

Visited November 2012
Troy, Michigan
“BEWARE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I went to eat at La Marsa after work on 1/22/2013. I ordered 2 carryout, chicken shawarma and beef shawarma. Driving home, I began to eat the chicken sharwarma. It was incredibly salty, but I ate cause I was hungry! I figured the beef shawarma would make up for it. I took my first bite and I BIT INTO A 1 INCH SCREW!!!!! I immediately turned and headed back to La Marsa. I showed him the screw and told them about the salt chicken shawarma. I apologized and refunded me $9.52 for both sandwiches. But come on! A SCREW?!?!? WTF!! I'm gonna report them.

Visited January 2013
“Best fattoush”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

You can't go wrong with a wonderful fattoush with bread for $5.29! Staff is always super friendly as well.

Visited January 2013
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Not authentic”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

As a middle eastern myself, I was very disappointed.
Good points: they have high chairs and crayons to entertain kids. Waiters are nice. Decoration and tables setup was fine.
Homos and eggplant homos were very good.
Tabbouleh was good but make sure to order extra lemons and olive oil, it was a bit dry but I guess not everyone likes it with a stronger taste.

Bad points: falafel were bad- the taste has nothing to do with falafel and maybe there were too much spices.
Grape vine leaves has nothing to do with the real middle eastern ones, barely could taste the lemon taste and they were dry.
Fried kibbeh were okay but not amazing.
Yoghurt drink (Laban Ayran) had too much salt.

I guess it is middle eastern Americanized food. Will not go back there.