“Old” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 14 hotels in Troy
NY
“Old”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is an old hotel that was probably once very nice. It needs some serious updating. My room was big, but you can tell it was heavily used. Lighting is dim, especially bathroom lighting. NO COFFEE POTS IN ANY ROOM!!! I asked at the front desk. Everyone was polite at the hotel. It is a very large place, so don't forget anything when you leave your room. My key didn't work when I returned from work, I had to walk all the way to the front desk to get a new key. It doesn't sound like much, but when you're still on PST time and worked all day, that walk can seem like a long time. Would be a great place to stay if it were updated and brightened up a bit

Room Tip: pay a little more, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Southfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I found the Met Hotel in Troy through an online booking site. The hotel looked a little deserted from the exterior and a former favorite Seafood restaurant, attached to the hotel, was now closed. The price was great though and to my surprise the hotel was clean, well run and staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was large, clean comfortable and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept on in a hotel. The hotel was walking distance to Loccinos Grill and they also provided room service from the restaurant. The continental breakfast was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

My room smelled like moldy tacos and was damp. The desk staff moved me to another room, which was a little better- less tacoy. Throughout my stay I found hair (the gross kind) in the towels, a spider in my bed, and I was toilet paperless for most of my stay because my room never got serviced, even though I asked multiple times to get my sheets changed/room cleaned. BUT the late afternoon/night staff was amazing. They we're so nice to talk to and helped me with whatever I needed- directions around Detroit, where to go for coffee, etc. Those guys should get a promotion, seriously! They made me feel at home, which I cant say for a lot of places, and for that I am very grateful. The afternoon/night crew was outstandingly kind and, believe it or not, almost made me want to stay another day. Almost.

• Stayed June 2013
Southfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Our group, Tri-County Conference held our annual event at the MET this past weekend, October4-6. Planning for this event takes place all year. The management and staff at the MET provide the best service, accommodating our every need. The manager, Mike Witoszynski is a true professional in every sense of the word and the sales manager, Katie Thoenes was extremely attentive in every way. Even the housemen and maintenance staff, John, Mike and Jamie where there for us whenever we needed them. We would strongly recommend this hotel to everyone interested in putting together a successful event.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Got a great, last-minute deal through AmEx ($57) and was pleasantly surprised with the hotel. Beautiful lobby, and front staff was accommodating when I asked to move to a room with a balcony (so my friend could smoke). Room was very clean and comfortable, with a sofa, which was nice to have somewhere to sit other than on the bed. My only complaint was at the breakfast; the Asian lady working there was very slow, there was a long wait for the hot waffles she was making, and she wouldn't pick up her pace at all. We ended up just having muffins and coffee. When the bar/restaurant opens, I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: ask for the second floor if you're travelling with smokers
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Horrible customer service. They coun't find my reservation since it was a third party reservation (hotels.com) they said if they were not able to find my reservation they could still give me the room but they would charge me a key fee. There was no refridgeator in the room. When I asked if that was normal I was told they are renovating and it would be $10 to have someone bring it down. The hotel is very misleading from the website it looks like a nice semi upscale hotel. It is not it is old and dirty. The bathroom was so small that you had to shimmy around to close the door. The carpet looks like it has never been replaced. The tv didn't work at first we had only 3 channels and then we had more. The volume would continually lower on its own. The pool was freezing! The sauna was no even warm! This place is outdated and run down. I would not recommend this place at all!

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel exceeded what I was expecting from it in that the rooms are generally pretty cozy and the whole hotel has this comfortable and quiet ambiance. The clerks at the front desk are really friendly and knowledgeable of the area as well. My only hunches are that this hotel does not have a porter service to take your bags up to your room for you and contrary to what I was told, they do not have a complimentary area shuttle within 5 miles of the hotel anymore :(

Room Tip: The bigger the better :)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Met Troy? Share your experiences!