“The Meh Met” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Troy
Denver, Colorado
“The Meh Met”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

My room smelled like moldy tacos and was damp. The desk staff moved me to another room, which was a little better- less tacoy. Throughout my stay I found hair (the gross kind) in the towels, a spider in my bed, and I was toilet paperless for most of my stay because my room never got serviced, even though I asked multiple times to get my sheets changed/room cleaned. BUT the late afternoon/night staff was amazing. They we're so nice to talk to and helped me with whatever I needed- directions around Detroit, where to go for coffee, etc. Those guys should get a promotion, seriously! They made me feel at home, which I cant say for a lot of places, and for that I am very grateful. The afternoon/night crew was outstandingly kind and, believe it or not, almost made me want to stay another day. Almost.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Southfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Our group, Tri-County Conference held our annual event at the MET this past weekend, October4-6. Planning for this event takes place all year. The management and staff at the MET provide the best service, accommodating our every need. The manager, Mike Witoszynski is a true professional in every sense of the word and the sales manager, Katie Thoenes was extremely attentive in every way. Even the housemen and maintenance staff, John, Mike and Jamie where there for us whenever we needed them. We would strongly recommend this hotel to everyone interested in putting together a successful event.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Got a great, last-minute deal through AmEx ($57) and was pleasantly surprised with the hotel. Beautiful lobby, and front staff was accommodating when I asked to move to a room with a balcony (so my friend could smoke). Room was very clean and comfortable, with a sofa, which was nice to have somewhere to sit other than on the bed. My only complaint was at the breakfast; the Asian lady working there was very slow, there was a long wait for the hot waffles she was making, and she wouldn't pick up her pace at all. We ended up just having muffins and coffee. When the bar/restaurant opens, I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: ask for the second floor if you're travelling with smokers
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Horrible customer service. They coun't find my reservation since it was a third party reservation (hotels.com) they said if they were not able to find my reservation they could still give me the room but they would charge me a key fee. There was no refridgeator in the room. When I asked if that was normal I was told they are renovating and it would be $10 to have someone bring it down. The hotel is very misleading from the website it looks like a nice semi upscale hotel. It is not it is old and dirty. The bathroom was so small that you had to shimmy around to close the door. The carpet looks like it has never been replaced. The tv didn't work at first we had only 3 channels and then we had more. The volume would continually lower on its own. The pool was freezing! The sauna was no even warm! This place is outdated and run down. I would not recommend this place at all!

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel exceeded what I was expecting from it in that the rooms are generally pretty cozy and the whole hotel has this comfortable and quiet ambiance. The clerks at the front desk are really friendly and knowledgeable of the area as well. My only hunches are that this hotel does not have a porter service to take your bags up to your room for you and contrary to what I was told, they do not have a complimentary area shuttle within 5 miles of the hotel anymore :(

Room Tip: The bigger the better :)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This past May was our second year to have the Met hotel host our annual political collectibles show., It was our 46th annual show. So we have lots of experience with hotels and shows.
After our 2012 show we knew we had found a great new gem to host us. Our 2013 experience was even better. General manager Mike Witoszynski and his friendly staff bent over backwards to take great care of us. I can't help but wonder where the people with the negative comments were staying. Sounds like a totally different place based on out two year experience.

My dealers come from many different states and they are spreading the word on how great this show is at the Met.
All they lack is a nice hotel restaurant and Mike is working hard to make that a reality.

We love the Met and look forward to a long run of yearly shows at this fine hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to the lobby. For meals there are many nice restaurants within two miles.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed at The Met Hotel for only one night. When arriving to the hotel after traveling all day. We were assigned to a room that was in shambles and not clean. There were no linens on the bed, trash was on the floor and the restroom was filthy. After returning to the front desk we were assigned to another room in the same condition. After the front desk searched for a vacant and clean room for several mins we then were assigned to a "check-in ready" room. The front desk manager apologized for the inconvenience but did not seem at all concerned about offering us any compensation for the trouble. Even when asked she said "I can only be apologetic" and that there is nothing she could do. The Assistant General Manager Oz Sheikh refused to speak with us. Sending someone out to say he was on the phone and would call us; which never happened. When we called the front desk we were again not allowed to speak with Oz but advised he would call the room; which never happened. It is a shame he feels it is acceptable to ignore guest.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to The Met Troy? Share your experiences!