“Rooms were fine, other issues going on....” 3 of 5 stars

The Met Troy
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5500 Crooks Road, Troy, MI 48098   |
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Troy
toronto
“Rooms were fine, other issues going on....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed at the Met Troy at the end of August. The price was excellent on the room and we had no issues with the room. The front desk was experiencing issues with receiving and making external phone calls but the girls in the front desk were excellent in making sure we had what we needed. We wanted them to print some stuff for us and the printer in the business center was missing so they printed it for us. They were very helpful as we were impressed by their service. Its also very well located, close to the Somerset Mall and also about 15 mins from Great Lakes crossing mall. In addition, it is very close to the freeway so easy access and parking was free. Wi Fi was also free and the morning breakfast was a small continental breakfast, which was adequate, but I wasn't expecting much. All in all, I would definitely stay there for the price and if all you want to do is sleep, I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Price was good and it looked good but thats about it! service was the worst I've ever had! the restaurant is closed down and by the looks of it has been for a while but they are still advertising having an open restaurant. they had a breakfast which was pretty pathetic and basic. wont stay again,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Troy, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I also stayed in room 108 at the metropolitan hotel, on the night of the 28th and the 29th, and I also had bed bugs. I woke up the morning of the 30th and while i was getting ready I noticed a bug crawling on my bed. I put the bug in a cup and kept getting ready. A few minutes later I went from the bathroom back to the room and there was yet another bug crawling on my bed. I hurried and got ready and took the cup with the bugs down the the hotel desk. I immediately checked out but said I would be back in the afternoon to talk to a manger. When I came back the issue was not solved. The manger told me the problem was beetles. Now i would have no problem with him saying that if he saw the bug...but he did not. So not only now is the manger not believing me as to what I saw, but getting refunded was a bigger issue. Today has been my only day of vacation and I have been on the phone with traveloisty (the website i booked through) trying to get a conference call with the manger but he is refusing to talk to me anymore because we talked yesterday. Well hotle the health department, news station and better business bureau has been called because you didn't want to talk to me anymore....sorry.

Macomb, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

As I read in a post less than 2 weeks ago... I also stayed in room 108 and there was definatly bed bugs. I have pictures on my phone of them, and when I called I was told they were having issues with beetles. I am extremely outraged that this problem has been allowed to go on, creating even more health concerns and problems for people that stay here. I can't believe a hotel would allow this to happen, and I'm certain if they are in room 108 they are also in other rooms. I will continue to write reviews of this hotel so people know to avoid at all costs. For a manager to tell us they are beetles when they know clearly that they are bedbugs, and all pictures on the internet match the bugs that we saw... there is CLEARLY A PROBLEM! Now we have had to keep careful eye that we have not brought any to our home, and I'm extremely upset by the whole experience.

Royal Oak, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

You get what you paid for at maybe less. I got this hotel through hotwire for $46 a night.
They gave me room 104 which had a moldy smell. When I came to open the curtains I found out the ceiling had been soaked at some point and it had not been taken care of. When I complained to the front desk I was moved room but the clerk did not write down anything fro the problem to be fixed.

The Internet connection is very poor except early morning (before 6am).

In the second room I was there were some loose cable coming out of the phone socket.

Waterloo, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This hotel was the most disgusting, scary hotel we have ever been to. If you have seen the movie "The Shining" by Stephen King, this is the identical scene and room you will see in the movie. There was garbage all over the floors, and the bed sheets were on the ground when we opened the door for the first time in our room. There was barely any staff, and those that were working, were not friendly at all. We couldn't even bring ourselves to walk into the room, we turned right around and checked out, and stayed at the Hampton Inn instead. I would tell anyone who is even considering this hotel, to run far far away, and as fast as you can!!

Room Tip: To choose a good room, don't stay at this hotel!
Port Angeles, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Facilities are actually fine for Detroit. Neighborhood is good and the restaurant within walking distance is great. Management is having a tough time keeping staff though. When we got there half the cleaning staff had just left and the front desk was scrambling to make things work. I was overcharged for two nights that I wasn't there, and the lackey hired to fill in at the front desk didn't have a clue. There are probably better places to stay for the average $80/night in Royal Oak or Clawson.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Met Troy? Share your experiences!