“Over-priced & over-rated” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
New Boston, Michigan
“Over-priced & over-rated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

My mom went there IN-PERSON ahead of time to make a reservation for our family holiday get-together. She has limited mobility & wanted to request a particular table. We arrived on party day & they didn't have our reservation so they crammed us into a (different) table that was clearly intended for 4-6 less people. Several of us were sitting so far into aisles that waitstaff & other customers couldn't get past without us standing up! The waitress couldn't even reach some of the group & it was nearly impossible for them to get out--a real problem since we were there for the buffet brunch! Food was mediocre--most of the hot items were barely warm. Very poor set-up: you could only serve yourself from 1 side of tables so lines for food were wrapped around into another room (the entry area)! Nothing was replenished until it was empty & we requested more. And the staff was coming around behind us & replacing food from the same side we were on... I've never seen a buffet like that before! We had poor, in-attentive service & then we were over-charged by a considerable amount! No need to ever go back... A shame, since it's only a few miles from home & we like to support local businesses!

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cookeville, Tennessee
“Tasty food for the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We showed up about fifteen minutes before closing, accidently. This did not phase the staff.
They served us with smiles on their face very professionally. Great service and the food was
excellent.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Slow service, veal piccata very tough otherwise prime rib and chicken marsala ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Just ok for higher end restaurant. Arrived sunday evening with party of four. We experienced polite host and then slow service to get a drink, wine list. Slow service continued throughout dinner. Wrong dinner brought, ordered veal piccata but received v eal marsala instead. Three others had prime rib and chicken marsala which they said was ok. My veal piccata arrived and I was very dissapointed in the veal being tough and tasted like pork and bland

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Monroe, Michigan
“The site of my wonderful wedding reception.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I'd been here a few times on dates and my family was positively thrilled to work with their family to plan my wedding reception. My photographers were also thrilled, as they were both finishing their portfolios for their visual arts degrees. Their normal decor is in dark woods, rich colors and has a distinct Old World charm.

Our reception coordinator, the owner's daughter, was incredibly knowledgeable and helped us avoid some big issues for our wedding luncheon. And to top it all off, we needed no additional decorations for the reception, as the restaurant is already *beautiful* and since the wedding was on New Year's Eve, all of their extremely classy Christmas decor was still up.

My guest list got a little out of hand and most ended up coming, so they ended seating walk-ins in the banquet room while we got the floor, seating the wedding party in front of the (cozy!) gorgeous marble fireplace. The wedding party, relatives and guests (125, I think) were all extremely impressed with the quality of the food and service. I highly recommend them for receptions and banquets, you get a lot of food for a very reasonable price.

My husband and I come here on special occasions, the latest was Valentine's Day. They often have a limited menu on holidays (and let you know when you make reservations), but it has all our favorites on it. I'm actually really grateful for the limited menu, because even though they were incredibly busy, we don't have to wait long for our food!

The bottom line? I'd say this is one of the nicest places Downriver, a great place for a dressy date -- with really reasonable prices for such a nice place!

Amazing entrees: Eggplant Lasagna (Grandmother's secret recipe), Steak Siciliano, Chicken Parmigiana.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hamburg, Michigan, United States
“elderly and disabled Vet treated badly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We recently attended this resturant and we as a family were treated awful. Any complaint was made to seem like it was our problem. The waitress rolled her eyes at every request that might take a minute longer than she liked. When we addressed the problem with managment they held the door open for us to leave. They treated my Grandmother like she was a small child they were just going to dismiss. And my husband who is a disabled Vet was treated no better than she was. If you care about service and your family, do not attend this facility.

• Visited July 2012