“Great BBQ” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Canton, Michigan
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I tried the restaurant for the first time tonight and was very pleased . I had the beef brisked and enjoyed the large serving. Onion rings were better than most other restaurants. My wife tried the pulled pork sandwich and sweet potato fries and raved about both. Sandwich was so large she could only eat half. Our waitress was great and explained the menu because it was our first time there. I found the prices to very reasonable. I am looking forward to taking my family because we enjoyed the food and experience.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Columbus, Ohio
“Excellent Food and Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Wow! We met a friend here for dinner. The friend is a lifelong Trenton resident and dines at Round House several times a month.

We started off in the bar. We had the most amazing bartender! She was so friendly and let us try several of the beers that were on tap. I asked her for a recommendation from the menu and she gave us the BEST suggestions.

Once our friend came we moved to a table and had THE best waitress ever. She was attentive, brought us things before we knew we needed them and was hauling around that restaurant. I really appreciate a work ethic like that.

We debated about what to order because everything sounded great. I ordered the wings naked and then tried all 5 different sauces at our table. I think I liked the Kansas City BBQ the best. I ordered the pound which included 12 because I knew I wanted to have leftovers. I then ordered the mac and cheese which had been suggested by the bartender. OMG it was perfect, it had a crunch of the baked cheese on the top. It is made with 7 different cheeses and I loved it.

Hubby ordered the Roundhouse Rack that has twice the meat of the standard ribs. He ordered the half rack, it was a ton of food. The flavor was outrageous. I kept stealing bites. He ordered the mac and cheese and the cornbread. OH THE CORNBREAD. It had jalapeno pieces in it which typically I wouldn't care for but I ended up eating all of it! The waitress brought me extra butter so I could slather it on. Hubby had gone out for a cigarette :) at this point and he was mad when I realized it was all gone. I ended up ordering a to go order to make up for stealing his order :)

Overall, this was one of the best dining experiences I have had in a long time and I cannot wait to go back. We are eating the leftovers for lunch today and I am already drooling!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Livonia,MI
“2 words: JUST GO!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We have been here twice, and both times had great food and VERY cold beer. The Twisted Stroganoff was excellent - the brisket in it was soooo good, I will have to try the brisket dinner one of these days! Last night, I had the Smoked Whitefish Sandwich on my sister's recommendation, and it was terrific - skip the tartar sauce that you get on the side, and use the North Carolina BBQ sauce instead. The baked beans are delicious - they give you a spoon so you can get every yummy drop. The mac & cheese may be made with Velveeta, but it was still delicious. The only (minor) drawback we found were the sweet potato fries, which were just "eh". But who cares when there are so many other sides to choose from. We haven't had the ribs yet, but after watching another patron cut his apart with a FORK, we will be sure to give them a try in the future.

Visited April 2012
Trenton, Michigan
“Looks great tastes smokey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

Prices are high for BBQ. The building is so neat, but the food is average and not a great value for average BBQ. Did I mention that they only have BBQ. If they have anything else, I missed it. Service is fairly good.

Visited January 2012
Riverview, Michigan
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

We just happened on the Round House BBQ because the restaurant we were going to was closed - we were happy we didi! What a great little BBQ place - the food was fantastic, the service was great, and the price was right. We ordered the combination and my husband and I split it - it was plenty - so much so that we were too full for dessert. We'll definitely go back - and soon!