“Excellent Choice in TC” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Traverse City
michigan
“Excellent Choice in TC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2005

The bayshore is clean, well-kept, has a great location and super service. We stayed in a jacuzzi suite and found the view awsome and the hot tub great. It was perfect for a romantic getaway. Its pricey but worth it. Its location is among the closest of the beachfront places to downtown. The breakfast is amazing. I wouldnt stay anywhere else in TC.

• Stayed August 2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2005

Pro's: Very clean hotel and rooms. Nice showers and water pressure. Great location to downtown Traverse City. Free Breakfast. Nice pool and beach. Kept riff-raffs out of property for fireworks.

Con's: No room service, bar, or restaurant. Breakfast was free, but omelettes, sausage, etc. were cooked via microwave (or at least we thought). Many front desk employees had idea to some questions about TC, and when my wife asked if they had a consierge, they didn't know what that even was. They have a shuttle bus, but it won't take you to downtown TC. Hot tub in pool area was loaded with sand. Indoor tables at poolside had umbrellas while outside ones didn't.

Overall, I'd would stay there again, but I would check around before I do so.

• Stayed July 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2005

The Bayshore Resort was an all over wonderful experience for my 2 kids, wife, and I. There was an outstanding continental breakfast and the views from our suite were breathtaking!!! We were only a few miles from the down town area and being there during the Cherry Festival was wonderful! Now we come evey year to enjoy the festivities. We just had a blast as the staff was curtious and friendly and we could enjoy swimming in the pool or in a real bay any time. I recommend this resort to you for it's overall wonderful qualiy and its relaxing atmosphere....There was never a dull moment on our trip!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2004
Novi, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2005

I booked three nights here over through this website, and overall I was impressed.

Pros: Very clean. All non-smoking. Nice jacuzzi rooms. Nice bay view. Helpful staff. They even placed towel/wash bags outside your door if left up the privacy tag on the door, which was a nice surprise.

Cons: None really. I guess I could say the breakfast was nice and above average, but not as extraordinary as I was led to believe from some other reviews.

Overall I was pleased, and I plan on a return visit to this hotel the next time I travel to the Traverse City area.

• Stayed May 2005
Elkhart, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2005

Beautiful rooms with balcony overlooking the bay. Very friendly staff. Excellent breakfast buffet. Would definately stay here again!!!! Very clean and beautiful pool and spa area. We highly recommend this hotel!!!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2005

My husband and I and In-laws thought it would be fun to go away for a weekend to Traverse City for a mini vacation. I went on Trip Advisor to check out a nice place to stay and saw good reviews on Bayshore so thought we would give it a try. It was very nice. We both got a spa room and if you get two queen beds you get a beautiful view of Lake Michigan. Be aware that if you ask for a King, no King Rooms have a full view of the Lake. We originally booked a King Room but changed to 2 Queens because we would rather have the view. The people are friendly and the continental breakfast is truly amazing. It is by far the best continental breakfast any of us have seen. They have everything you could want. From yogurts and fresh fruit to omelettes and sausage, waffles and french toast, cold cereal, fresh donuts and muffins...they have it all! Since we went off season it was half the price so it is a really nice place to stay for the money off season. The resort is also completely non-smoking which is really great. You won't regret staying here!

Brighton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2004

I recently stayed at the Bayshore Resort while attending to a business conference in Acme. The Bayshore was WONDERFUL! I brought along family so they could visit downtown TC during the day. The hotel staff was accomodating, letting them know about shuttle service to the TC Mall, etc. The pool was clean and beautiful. Our 2 double queen room was on top floor overlooking the bay. It was such a relaxing place after I got back from my conference. I will plan on getting back in the Summer. I think the Bayshore is the best Inn I have stayed in MI to date. We headed to Mackinac Island after our stay at the Bayshore, but TC was a much better memory. Thanks to staff and management of the Bayshore for a great time.
PS: The SMOKE FREE environment was GREAT. More hotels should follow suit.

Been to Bayshore Resort? Share your experiences!