My wife and I stayed at the Bayshore Resort one evening in early October and then again one evening three weeks later. On both occasions we were in the same ground level non-lake-view room and were very pleased with both stays. I am somewhat surprised by a few of the negative reviews, but must point out that our stay was in October, not during the summer months and that our stay was simply to be close to Traverse City Cherry Capital Airport for a flight to Great Britain and back. Obviously we did not require a lake-view room, and the room rate was quite reasonable, both because of the time of the year and the non-view location of the room. Staff was cordial, although my one disappointment was that I was clearly told over the phone that a complimentary airport shuttle started at 7:00 a.m. (our departure flight was at 8:00), but when we checked in two weeks later were told that the shuttle started at 8:00 a.m. The airport shuttle picked us up at the airport at 10:45 p.m.on our return flight, and the van driver was polite, helpful, and drove safely. We found the breakfast room attractive, with a large selection of both hot and cold items. Our room was spacious and bedding was comfortable.
As for the "Victorian" decor of the hotel, I note with amusement some negative comments by other TripAdvisor reviewers. My guess is that the view of this Victorian decor is a generational one. My wife and I are an older couple, and we found the decor quite charming. Also the landscaping of the grounds is as nice or nicer than other bayfront hotels. As others have noted, the Bayshore Resort is significantly closer to downtown Traverse City than most of its competitors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are ready for a romantic relaxing getaway or simply enthusiastically wanting to indulge your sense of adventure, you can do it here at Bayshore Resort! Our Victorian style hotel is nestled on the beach of West Grand Traverse Bay and offers the best of all you love about Traverse City - a great waterfront location and a short stroll away from downtown with its diverse dining, shopping, and nightlife. Bayshore Resort has the perfect room to fit the specific needs of every guest from amazing views to Spa Rooms, Suites, and more! Our complimentary Wi-Fi makes it convenient to mix business with pleasure. Join us every morning for a fresh, complimentary breakfast before spending the day on our private beach, taking a swim in the large indoor pool, or venturing out to explore the charming shops and restaurants that the area has to offer. Taking a day trip couldn’t be easier as it is only a short drive to the area’s elegant wineries, exciting casinos and exceptional Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Bayshore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayshore Hotel Traverse City
- Bayshore Resort Traverse City
- Bayshore Traverse City