“Family Renunion” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 38 hotels in Traverse City
Cedar Springs, Michigan, United States
“Family Renunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My family & I have stayed at Bayshore Resort for as long as I can remember (I'm 32 & I know we started when I was little). This is one of the few trips my grandparents took with all 10 of their kids & we have been able to keep the tradition going. We have always had an excellent time at this establishment. We are a group of anywhere from 50-70 in any given year & we have lots of kids running around all the time. We can also be a little needy with extra blankets, pillows & other "extras". The staff always goes above & beyond to be helpful & friendly. They open up their breakfast room for us every night so that we are able to all sit together & play games & eat treats. Thanks Bayshore for allowing us to continue a tradition that is so important to all of us!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BayshoreResort, Guest Relations Manager at Bayshore Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your family's Bayshore Resort experience with other travelers.

We are so glad that your family is able to gather and spend time together with us year after year. We look forward to seeing you all again in 2013!

Bayshore Resort

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
jackson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

we checked in early on a friday (in november), we were the only car in the parking lot, and were checked in a room with a great view of the street. we asked the frt. desk about moving rooms he advised us the rooms were a blind draw and whst you get is what you get. he did say there were water view rooms available but he wouldnt switch us. after all that my daughter turned the shower on and the tub wouldnt drain, also the was a large hunk of something in our bathroom sink, i think it was mold. the female night manager, was even worse, we had a large group of people and yes there were kids which in my opinion were well behaved. she told us at check out that our group of kid (13 year old boys) were terrible and misbehaved. im not sure why she had no complaints to any of the parents while we were staying. my advise to the consumer is stay anywhere else you can find i'd rather sleep under a picnic table on the beach than give this place my money again. and to the owner, fire your frt. desk staff and hire people who treat you guests as guests and not intruders.

Room Tip: another hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
BayshoreResort, Guest Relations Manager at Bayshore Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feelings about the weekend you stayed with us.
I would like to address some of the concerns you wrote about.

Rooms at the Bayshore Resort are never a “blind draw”. Your room was part of a hockey team block. All of the rooms in the block are the same group rate, and all of the rooms are close to each other. To achieve this, rooms have a variety of views – no view, side view, or full view.
To take advantage of being in the block, at the low rate, with the rest of the team, you give up choice of view. If a view is more important, you pay a higher rate.

We apologize that you had an issue with your drain. I am glad that Maintenance was able to attend to the matter as soon as you called the Front Desk.

Your hockey team was one of three teams we hosted that weekend. We also had non-group guests staying with us. It was a busy weekend. Every room was occupied. One of the Front Desk’s duties is to make sure that all of our guests have a safe and enjoyable stay. Thus they do tell children not to run, not to horseplay, and to slow down on the stairs. We received many accolades from other guests who stayed this weekend: “Good job handling the hockey teams! Thank you” is one of many.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed here for two nights to attend a wedding. I really don't have any major complaints about the stay. The hotel staff was friendly, and the room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. They could probably use an update though; I wasn't really digging the floral wallpaper in the bathroom, and generic bouqet still life prints in the bedroom. Why not add some kind of wine themed, or Great Lakes/nautical themed decor?

I feel like the free breakfast could be improved a little. Powdered eggs make me sad :(.

Good location; it's probably a 15-20 minute walk to the heart of downtown TC, and a short drive to many of the wineries.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Traverse City area.

Flint, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Staff at the front desk was unfriendly at check in. Room smelled musty and I was unable to control the temperature. Room was either hot or freezing. If you are not extremely quiet people who love victorian decor and people who think they are better than you, do not stay here. We frequent the Holiday Inn on Front St. at least 10-12 times per year along with the Cherry Tree Inn and have always been trated like royalty. Will never stay here or recommend this hotel.

Flint, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Mitch ran the cc four times due to his human error and Eric stood up for him while being rude to my friend and I. The people skills leave much to be desired. The hall smelled like mold. The view was nice and the breakfast was good. But I will not be treated the way I was again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
BayshoreResort, Guest Relations Manager at Bayshore Resort, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
There are a few items that I would like to address in regards to your stay and your review.

The front desk clerk that assisted you at check-in did ask your permission to run your card again when the funds did not go through the first time. One of you then instructed the front desk clerk to keep trying to run the card and he just did as he was asked. We do apologize that with debit cards, sometimes banks place holds on funds even when the charges do not process on our end. This is something that your bank needs to be made aware of and only they can release those pending charges. Our Front Office Manager did call your bank the next afternoon as soon as she started her shift. She had the bank release the pending charges right away.

In regards to your comments about mold in the hallways, the public areas in the hotel are meticulously cleaned daily, including all hallways. There has never been any mold brought to our attention, nor has our staff ever seen or smelled mold. All of our carpeting is brand new this year.

Again, we apologize that this did happen but we are glad that it was resolved the next day and that you were still able to enjoy your room during your stay.

Thank you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We just returned from staying there for the week-end. The front desk were very friendly. We did find there were a few problems with the lights not working in our room. Since we were not in our room a lot we did not say anything. Also we were able to hear a lot of what sounded like running in the halls. I believe it was on the 3rd floor. We were on the 2nd floor and I did not see anything when I looked out into the hallway. Breakfast was good. I enjoyed having a lot of fresh fruit to choose from. The beds were very comfortable.

I would choose this hotel again as it is so close to downtown Traverse City. Good location. Hopefully our next trip will have weather that is a bit more cooperative.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BayshoreResort, Guest Relations Manager at Bayshore Resort, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers.

I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and were able to take advantage of our location.
I apologize that you did have issues with some of the lights in the room. We do use all energy efficient bulbs so they do take a minute or so to warm up and come fully on.

We will try and get the weather to cooperate the next time you stay with us!
Thank you again.
Columbia City IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had a great one-night stay in this hotel. It was clean and quiet, with a great continental breakfast. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The only drawback was there was no coffee maker or mini-fridge in the room. Those two items are nice perks for staying in hotels.

Our room had a balcony that overlooked Traverse Bay. They had a sandy beach with chairs that you could sit and enjoy the breeze.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bayshore Resort? Share your experiences!