“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Michigan
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is very clean and comfortable. The staff are great and they have a delicious free hot breakfast. Make your own waffles, pastries, meat, eggs or biscuits and gravy. The pool area is big. They do offer open swim and birthday parties so the pool may be full of non- guests which is annoying. I wouldn't hesitate for a second in reserving a room. Just out the back is the TART trail which is nice for biking or walking to area restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick T, General Manager at AmericInn Traverse City, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the AmericInn Traverse City. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourself on our AmericInn Perk breakfast and glad that you enjoyed it. I look forward to being able to welcome you back soon!

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel was nice and cleaned, we were greeted by the deskclerk with fresh chocolate chip cookies. The beds were comfortable and roomie. The Bathrooms were very clean. The breakfast in the morning was decent.

In Traverse because of the tourist town that it is... Nice rooms tend to be expensive. Even though this was a winter rate, it was very affordable and nice... would stay again for sure!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review. I am so happy you enjoyed your visit and am proud of the level of service that the staff provided you. They truly make our hotel what it is and I'm happy you had just a great experience. I hope to see you soon on your next visit to town and I can again welcome you to the end of the day.
Grand Blanc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This place is a great place to stay! We stayed for the weekend and got a jacuzzi room - The rate was the best in town, its clean, people are friendly, beds comfortable. The halls need to have a fresh paint job from luggage skuffs but all in all its an excellent place to stay!

Room Tip: we don't like rooms next to elevators - a bit on the noisy side at any hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick T, General Manager at AmericInn Traverse City, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your review on the AmericInn Traverse City. I am so happy to hear of your positive feelings regarding the hotel! I am proud to tell you that starting in April 2013 the entire hotel will be renovated to make it even better! Our refresh will be starting Mid-April and continue through the end of May. We are very excited to make our hotel even better! Thank you again for such nice comments and I look forward to welcoming you again very soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We stay at AmericInn when we need to get away and the staff is always accommodating. Our last stay there was a group of children who were out of control running around and the parents did nothing as they were drinking in the lobby. I was impressed how the staff handled it. They were discreet and professional. We heard some of the parents making some strong comments and the staff continued to be professional. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling to the area. We dont have problems normally but when something out of the ordinary up, they handle it right away. Thank you for making our stay, always great.

• Stayed March 2013
Nick T, General Manager at AmericInn Traverse City, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you so very much for the review you wrote on our hotel. I am so happy that you enjoy your stay when you are at our hotel and am sorry you had the problem with the children running. I agree it was a very difficult weekend and I’m happy to hear you felt we handled the issue appropriately. As much as we try to prevent noise complaints, it sometimes is difficult to foresee and must deal with issues as they arise. Our goal is to give every guest the opportunity to relax, renew and recharge. I assure you that we take all issues, especially this one, very seriously. I again, want to thank you for such wonderful comments about my staff and hotel and look forward to being able to welcome you to the end of the day again very soon! Thanks!
Petoskey, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed last week-end for a grandma ,,grandson trip... we had a 2 room suite with fireplace and hot tub...Was very surprised and pleased ,,,the staff ,,the room, the bed and pillows,the pool all was great,,,The wireless not great but that was fine...The breakfast had lots of choices,,I am gluten free,,so few choices,,but that's not the hotels fault...would stay here again,,,,,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nick T, General Manager at AmericInn Traverse City, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for such kind words about our property. We are very proud of our product and are happy you enjoyed it so much. Also, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. I wanted to also apologize for the concerns regarding the wireless internet. This past week there were some network issues and due to this, we upgraded part of the network and increased bandwidth speed to correct it. As for breakfast, we understand special dietary concerns and I promise to look at options and see if we can have more gluten free options available. Thank you for such a great suggestion!
Saint Clair, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here for a week long visit. It would not have been my choice of places to stay for that long of a period but that is what I was left with.
The place is one of the cheaper hotels in the area, but that did not necessarily equate to poor. Everything was clean enough, the view from the room certainly left something to be desired with the window facing a large fence that seemed to be blocking a trailer park or something along those lines.

The location was not all that bad. Directly next door is the infamous Pirates Cove, arguably one of the most fascinating and fun mini golf courses in Michigan. They also have go karts and a number of other attractions to soak your money.

Possibly the best thing was there was a bus stop right outside and the bay area transit system was truly marvelous. We only had one car for our trip so while my significant other was off at a horse show all day I traveled the entire bay region via the transit system. You can make your way up the penninsula, over to the dunes, casino's, pretty much anywhere.

If you are looking for a short cheap stay, I would give it a go. But if you are like me and want something a bit more spacious, luxurious and practical for extended stays..I would look elsewhere.

Room Tip: I was placed in what I believe was a handicap accessible room. Not sure of other options but get the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nick T, General Manager at AmericInn Traverse City, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about the AmericInn Traverse City. We are proud of our hotel and are happy you felt the hotel was clean and affordable. I understand your wants to have an extended stay hotel and unfortunately, while we are not set-up for extended stays with the amenities like kitchens, etc, we work hard to provide our guests outstanding accommodations. I am happy you were able to explore the Grand Traverse region via the public transit. In fact, that stop was new last summer during your visit and we have heard many positive comments since it was placed on the route. Next time you are in town, may I suggest one of our two room suites that would give you more room for and amenities for your stay. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to being able to again Welcome you to the end of the day!
Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed here a couple weekend ago, older but a very clean, safe hotel.
Staff was excellent, very helpful.
If you’re looking for a someplace in Traverse for a couple nights…… this is the place, prices are more than reasonable.
Very convenient to shopping and restaurants in the area too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
americinntc, General Manager at AmericInn Traverse City, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of the AmericInn Traverse City. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Our staff is committed to a great stay for everyone. We look forward to being able to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.

Been to AmericInn Traverse City? Share your experiences!