“Great stay,,” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Petoskey, Michigan
“Great stay,,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed last week-end for a grandma ,,grandson trip... we had a 2 room suite with fireplace and hot tub...Was very surprised and pleased ,,,the staff ,,the room, the bed and pillows,the pool all was great,,,The wireless not great but that was fine...The breakfast had lots of choices,,I am gluten free,,so few choices,,but that's not the hotels fault...would stay here again,,,,,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nick T, General Manager at AmericInn Traverse City, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for such kind words about our property. We are very proud of our product and are happy you enjoyed it so much. Also, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. I wanted to also apologize for the concerns regarding the wireless internet. This past week there were some network issues and due to this, we upgraded part of the network and increased bandwidth speed to correct it. As for breakfast, we understand special dietary concerns and I promise to look at options and see if we can have more gluten free options available. Thank you for such a great suggestion!

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Saint Clair, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here for a week long visit. It would not have been my choice of places to stay for that long of a period but that is what I was left with.
The place is one of the cheaper hotels in the area, but that did not necessarily equate to poor. Everything was clean enough, the view from the room certainly left something to be desired with the window facing a large fence that seemed to be blocking a trailer park or something along those lines.

The location was not all that bad. Directly next door is the infamous Pirates Cove, arguably one of the most fascinating and fun mini golf courses in Michigan. They also have go karts and a number of other attractions to soak your money.

Possibly the best thing was there was a bus stop right outside and the bay area transit system was truly marvelous. We only had one car for our trip so while my significant other was off at a horse show all day I traveled the entire bay region via the transit system. You can make your way up the penninsula, over to the dunes, casino's, pretty much anywhere.

If you are looking for a short cheap stay, I would give it a go. But if you are like me and want something a bit more spacious, luxurious and practical for extended stays..I would look elsewhere.

Room Tip: I was placed in what I believe was a handicap accessible room. Not sure of other options but get the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nick T, General Manager at AmericInn Traverse City, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about the AmericInn Traverse City. We are proud of our hotel and are happy you felt the hotel was clean and affordable. I understand your wants to have an extended stay hotel and unfortunately, while we are not set-up for extended stays with the amenities like kitchens, etc, we work hard to provide our guests outstanding accommodations. I am happy you were able to explore the Grand Traverse region via the public transit. In fact, that stop was new last summer during your visit and we have heard many positive comments since it was placed on the route. Next time you are in town, may I suggest one of our two room suites that would give you more room for and amenities for your stay. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to being able to again Welcome you to the end of the day!
Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed here a couple weekend ago, older but a very clean, safe hotel.
Staff was excellent, very helpful.
If you’re looking for a someplace in Traverse for a couple nights…… this is the place, prices are more than reasonable.
Very convenient to shopping and restaurants in the area too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
americinntc, General Manager at AmericInn Traverse City, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of the AmericInn Traverse City. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Our staff is committed to a great stay for everyone. We look forward to being able to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.
Caledonia, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last weekend and where pleasently suprised. The room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very nice and well stocked. All of the staff that we encountered where very nice and helpful. I would recommend staying here..I dont think you can bet the price and comfort..

Room Tip: These rooms do not have a view but we had a room with a jacuzzi, mini fridge, and microwave..
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
americinntc, General Manager at AmericInn Traverse City, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad you felt it was a great stay and was affordable. We are proud of our hotel and our staff works very hard to make sure everyone has a great stay. We know you have many choices in hotels when you travel and we are so happy that you have trusted us with your vacation memories. I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Traverse City!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our whole experience here was great. From the bedding, awesome pillows, and very clean rooms. The breakfast was deluxe, hot waffles, breads, fruits, cereal, and much more. We were so happy we rebooked and gave it to our parents for a birthday gift, for a fall tour. Staff was very helpful also.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a wonderful review. I'm happy to hear we had the most comfortable beds and pillows! I am honored that you also felt so happy about the hotel that you gave a gift of a fall color tour to your parents for their birthday. Referrals mean a lot to us and i'm glad that we were able to welcome your parents too! I look forward to seeing you next time you visit Traverse City and hope that you again stay with us! Thank you!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very nice motel, good location on main road and within walking distances of good places to eat. Very clean new facility, with nice rooms. Everything was ready when we arrived and were checked in by very friendly staff. Made the visit quite pleasant. Use hot tub which was good, pool was popular with families, breakfast was normal complementary foods which were well layout and tasty. We were looking for inexpensive motel and got more than we expected. Would recommend and stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review on our hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride on making you feel like we are your home away from home and each and every staff member works to ensure a great experience. I am so happy you felt that you received that and more! Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to being able to welcome you back very soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at AmericInn because it was the official hotel for the Zombie Run last weekend. I'm so glad we stayed there. It was very nice. The lobby was clean and welcoming. The room was clean and comfy. Breakfast was good too. I would stay there again on my next trip to Traverse City.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
americinntc, General Manager at AmericInn Traverse City, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank so you much for your review of our stay at the AmericInn. We are proud to be the official lodging sponsor of the Zombie run every year which benefits the non-profit TART trail system and is a fun event for people of all skills running. I'm so happy you felt we were a "Great place to stay" and I look forward to welcoming you back next year for the run and hopefully between for getaways to Traverse City. Thank you again for a great review of your stay!

Been to AmericInn Traverse City? Share your experiences!