“Terrible Customer Service!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Traverse City, MI

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Traverse City, MI to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Traverse City, MI
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Traverse City
Michigan
“Terrible Customer Service!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

I will NEVER return or recommend this hotel to anyone! If you are traveling with young children or teenagers, this is NOT the hotel for you. The hotel manager is rude and extremely unprofessional. He greatly upset me, my children, and the other families I was traveling with.

• Stayed September 2009
FritzHeller, Owner at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Traverse City, MI, responded to this review, June 11, 2010
I apologize for not meeting your expectations, at the end of the day the group you were with had behavior that resulted in dozens of requests to quiet down and understand that less than 50% of the hotel was made up by group rooms, as a result of taking over the property and essentially pushing out other guests we made the decision to call the police to help us restore order that the dozens of requests made were falling of def ears.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
High Desert
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

(occupant) There is an odor in the room. (desk clerk) I will have housekeeping spray the room in the morning. I do not know about you but covering up a problem does not make it go away, but it may make me. I know that all rooms are not created equally because others in our party paid less and received a considerably nicer room (even without an odor). When asked about renovating the rooms they staff said that all rooms were updated. I disagree with room 101 it does not appear to have been touched since… I can see how some enjoyed the time spent within the walls of this hotel and was even pleasant while others not so much. If time permits you may want to check out your room prior to occupying it because not all rooms are equal…

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Rockford, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

I've never experienced anything like this--
I checked in and went to my room. As I was leaving the room to go get the remaining things from my car, I checked to make sure the door to my room was locked. Lo and behold the door didn't latch! I tried slamming it a few times, and it never latched; you could just push on the door and it would open, no key needed.
I immediately went to the front desk and told them. A maintenance guy was there in 2 minutes and he replaced the door plate in the door frame.
If I can't trust a hotel to keep it's doors and locks in working order, why would I ever stay there again? I can only wonder who was planning on getting into my room while I was gone....

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Traverse City, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

My wife and I had to have our kitchen floor replaced because of a dishwasher leak, so we stayed away from home for 3 days. We chose the Fairfield Inn in Traverse City and we were not disappointed. Reservations were quick, easy and we were offered a reduced rate plus an upgrade to a sofa king room so we wouldn't be living off our bed. Fritz handled the reservation and was very polite and understanding. All the front desk people were kind and friendly. The pool was clean as was the whirlpool spa. Extra towels were provided at poolside. Breakfast was the usual fare and was acceptable to us. The room was quiet, clean, and roomy with adequate heating & cooling. Beds and pillows were in great shape as was the linen. ALL rooms are non-smoking which is a big plus.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

Highly recommend a visit to TC ... can recommend staying at the Fairfield if it is the best price you can find. Hotels tend to be pricey in TC ... we got a fair deal at the Fairfield, but the rate was higher than most other Fairfields we have visited. The room is smallish, but who goes to TC to stay in the room??? It was mostly clean, but we wondered if they remembered to run a vacuum. Offered an extended breakfast, but really didn't seem like the choices available at similar extended breakfasts. Had the most uncomfortable and ugly desk chair that we have seen in awhile ... wonder who talked them into buying it. Overall, it was a pleasant enough stay, but once we were in Traverse City we found ourselves wishing that we had spent a little more time researching the lodging options ... next time we will likely stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

Once again, this hotel went over and beyond the call to assist me in my recent stay. I was unable to make the appropriate reservations in advance due to circumstances beyond my control, but the Manager and staff went out of their way to make what could have been a disastor a pleasant stay and I was able to stay at my favorite place in Traverse City.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2008

I stayed here for a week for business. The hotel was chosen for the free internet access and its location. I was overall impressed with my stay here.

Pros: The beds were very comfortable, which is definitely a plus when traveling for business. The internet in the rooms wasn't wireless, but it was easy to use and fairly fast. They gave both shampoo AND conditioner Pantene products, which any woman with long or curly hair will appreciate. They serve warm chocolate chip cookies at the front desk all day long. It seems they have removed all the vending machines and replaced them with a "marketplace" in the lobby. You can get things like drinks, candy, ice cream, and magazines and just have it put on your hotel tab, which is very convenient. The continental breakfast was above average, with real oatmeal, waffles with fruit topping, and both skim and 2% milk (among other things). I didn't use the pool, but the hot tub was nice. The hotel itself is close to a lot of restaurants and the mall, but you have to drive pretty much anywhere (except if you go to Cracker Barrel).

Cons: When housekeeping came through each day, they would take my half empty shampoo and conditioner bottles and then not replace them. I had to call down to the front desk each day to ask for more, which was just more annoying than anything. I have to agree with a previous post that the towel quality has something to be desired. The television picture was a bit fuzzy, but not horrible.

• Liked — Comfortable beds
  • Disliked — having to constantly request new toiletries
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Traverse City, MI? Share your experiences!