“Dayclub” 5 of 5 stars
Review of West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort

You added West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort to your Saves list
West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   615 E. Front St., Traverse City, MI 49686 (Formerly Holiday Inn Traverse City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Traverse City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Dayclub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Loved this place. I just recently turned 21 (as in yesterday recently) so I didn't know a lot of drink names, Scotty helped me through the entire process. I told him I liked bourbon but didn't necessarly know a lot about them and he let me sample some of his favorites. (Which I all love and had to write them down in my phone) He made my job easy :)

Tristina took our order and and she was wonderful, she's has an awesome personality!!! very funny and was easy to talk to! I was just looking for something tiny to eat like an appetizer or small dish and she recommended the whitefish pâté and it was wonderful. Loved it a lot!

I'm definitely coming back. The atmosphere was wonderful and not to mention the view, can't wait to see this place during the summer! Im sure the whole team is great but I'm hoping to see Scotty and Tristina again!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Hunter R, Guest Relations Manager at West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hi Abby S,

Thank you for writing a review of your experience in Dayclub! Scott, Tristina, and our other bartenders are great and have lots of experience. Please spread the word to your friends about our great food, drinks, and staff and be sure to come see us this summer! Happy 21st!

Hunter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Lansing MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed two nights at the hotel (business travel). The rooms were nice, the staff friendly, and service better than average. I ate breakfast at the hotel both days during my stay and was fortunate to have Jennifer (who has been mentioned in a previous review) as my server. She was warm and friendly without being intrusive, very efficient, and anticipated my every need. It truly was a pleasure being served by her and a great way to start my day. I hope management at the hotel recognizes the gem they have in this woman.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Hi AnamCara007,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your business trip and letting us know about your experience! We are so thankful to have Jennifer as a part of our team and are grateful to her for dedication to our guests. Thank you for recognizing her and sharing with us the impact she had on your stay! We hope to have you back soon!

Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our company held a training at this hotel recently and the staff and facility was great! Everyone was very helpful and courteous. Randy and Suki were especially helpful and always had a smile on their face.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking to hold a meeting or event in the Traverse City area!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Hunter R, Guest Relations Manager at West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello Amber M,

We have great space for meetings and love hearing that Randy and Suki provided such a high level of service for your group! It would be our pleasure to have you back next year!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My stay at the West Bay was really less than acceptable. I was there for three days: day 1, my room wasn't cleaned; day 2 they forgot my wake up call and day 3 the food had an issue. There were large groups of teens there who were loud for the very thin walls. Good thing the location is good! Walking distance to the beach and beautiful views.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Hi Juliet B,

I would like to thank you for your review and the feedback you provided. We fell short of exceptional service and quality during your stay and we apologize for that. You have given us our shortcomings and we would like to take this opportunity to improve. Please email me at hreed@innisfree.com so that we can get a clearer picture of what we can improve on.

Midland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My daughter and I were in Traverse City for soccer and we stayed one night here. The staff were great and very helpful. There was one individual that really stood out - Jennifer - our server at breakfast. She was totally awesome and I have not had this kind of service in a long long time. I would stay here again!!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Hi Michelle A,

We appreciate your 5 star review! Jennifer always has a smile on her face and is great with all of her guests. It's great to hear the level of service you received and we would love to have you back! Enjoy your weekend,

Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I see this property gets rave reviews. This was my first stay here; I normally stay at the Hampton Inn in Traverse City. Our company was recently acquired and our new parent company has negotiated rates with IHG Properties so I stayed here. I have stayed in hotels 140+ nights/year for past 25 years so I have a very good history to compare to. Check-in here was smooth and attendant very courteous. Room was nicely decorated and clean but there was a noticeable odor in the room. Internet speed was good (important for business travelers). The fitness center was well equipped and all the equipment was in good working order. All this being said, the property was not any better than most IHG properties that I stay in. The service in the breakfast area was TERRIBLE! There were two waitresses and three other customers besides me. I sat at my table for (5) minutes before I was provided a menu. I then waited another (5) minutes for my waitress to return to take my order. I ordered a fruit plate, with yogurt. I thought the price $13.00, seemed extremely high. Well (10+) minutes later I was still waiting for my fruit plate. So now I have (20+) minutes of my day invested in breakfast and I was still not yet eating said breakfast. At this point I got up and left because I had a meeting with my customer and didn't want to be late. If the restaurant was busy I could have understood but it wasn't.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Hunter R, Guest Relations Manager at West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello rhkfwain,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honesty and thorough detail of your experiences while staying with us. Our standards for guest service are very high and we fell short of those standards that morning. We have used your feedback to make the necessary improvements to our breakfast service and training programs and assure you that your experience will be amazing for your next visit. Thank you again and have a great weekend!

Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Thank you to West Bay Beach Rachelle Grockau, Event Specialist, for suggesting the Easter Sunday Brunch. The food was great, the location excellent, and seating was comfortable and friendly. There were activities for kids. We had the 11:30 seating and there was no wait. I would definitely go the brunch at the West Bay Beach again.

Room Tip: The dining experience was great
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Hunter R, Guest Relations Manager at West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hello Sandra G,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed our Easter Brunch! Our location, food quality, and amazing service make our resort a great place to enjoy a holiday meal. Thank you for mentioning Rachelle and the great service you received during your lunch. We will save you a spot next year!

Hunter

Been to West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort? Share your experiences!