“Amazing food, environment, and view!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort

You added West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort to your Saves list
West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   615 E. Front St., Traverse City, MI 49684 (Formerly Holiday Inn Traverse City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Traverse City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Traverse City, Michigan
“Amazing food, environment, and view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

From the staff, to the restaurant, and the beautiful view-this is a perfect place to stay while visiting Traverse City! There are SO many activities close by for the whole family. We embarked on the Nauti-Cat cruise which docks right in front of the hotel. What a blast! Can't say enough about the positive experience!

Room Tip: Choose beach front if possible! :)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hunter R, Guest Relations Manager at West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Hi Meg B,

Thank you for the great 5 star review! We are very excited for another amazing summer and have a lot planned. For example, this summer we are now going to be able to serve drinks on the beach. We hope you can make it back to spend another weekend with us and enjoy this new service!

Hunter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Clarkston, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years. That long ago it was a Holiday Inn, now it is West Bay Beach--A Holiday Inn Resort. I guess they have reinvented it. Over the years I have had a lot of great times here. I have stayed here in the winter to go downhill and cross country skiing and enjoyed the beach in the summertime.

Check in was fast and friendly. I was given a very nice and comfortable bed. My room looked like it had been recently redecorated and to me they did a great job. The bathroom is still a little small. They built this hotel back when they made the bathroom small. Nothing much they could do about that. Your room has no balcony but you can see the bay from your window. You have what I would call a side view.

I used the exercise room twice. The equipment is new and the equipment is of better quality. Free bottles of water in the exercise room.

They have an indoor pool with a whirlpool. These is also a sauna. There is an outdoor pool but was closed because I stayed in March.

They have a full service restaurant, small sports bar and a larger bar with music and dancing. This bar was not open during my stay.

You are very close to downtown Traverse City. Lots of shopping.

PLEASE NOTE: This hotel can be great when the weather is great. It is like everything else in Michigan, it is fun if the weather is good. This resort can be very slow if the weather is bad or off season. Everything depends on the weather. If the snow is good, this hotel is great for skiing. Summertime, this hotel is fun for the beach and summertime activities. Lots of great golf in the area. Fall for the leaves changing colors.

I just stayed on a Wednesday night and is was very slow. (March). The hotel adjusts the price for this off season time.

I will stay here again. Many great times here.

Room Tip: You do not want a room over the bar.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Hunter R, Guest Relations Manager at West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Hello JeffreyTravel,

Thank you for your thorough review of our resort! We love getting reviews like yours because we know exactly the things you like and didn't like. Fortunately, it sounds like you had a great time and enjoyed the many amenities we offer. Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and for spreading your positive experiences with us to those looking for a relaxing getaway in Traverse City!
We will see you next time,

Stevensville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

That staff at this hotel is phenomenal, very attentive and always smiling. The Starbucks insid the hotel is a great addition. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were tasty, well presented and reasonably priced. Our room had a wonderful view of the Beach and Bay. Can't wait for our return in June.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Hunter R, Guest Relations Manager at West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello Shawn B,

We are proud to have met your expectations during your recent visit with us! Thank you for your feedback on our food and service. We are rolling out a new menu soon that we are very excited about. You'll have to let us know what you think when you return in June!
Have a great Spring,

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I didn't have a car when I was in Traverse City, and this hotel was within walking distance of downtown which had everything that I needed. I like staying at hotels that have restaurants & shops nearby. The beach at the hotel was small but really nice. The chairs are comfortable, and I took advantage of them every afternoon that I was there There was a live band one evening which rocked. A room in the west side of the building should provide better views. The view from my first room was looking over a roof. Thankfully, the front desk staff moved me to another room, and I really enjoyed the view for the 4-days that I was there. When I am in Traverse City again, I will stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Hello uncwgirl77,

It gets us excited to hear your feedback and what you thought of our property last summer! Our location, amenities, and great service make us a perfect summer getaway. We expect many great things as the weather improves and hope you can be a part of it. Warmer weather is just around the corner (we hope)!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Great place to stay.Had the military discount rate of $88.The bar/club was awesome and amazing great since you don't need a cab or anything if yur staying the night there.The service was good the server Keene is a nice guy and one of the best servers/bartenders.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello cwilly3,

Thank you for the great 5 star review! Keene does a fantastic job in Dayclub and we appreciate you recognizing his great service. Come back in the summer to listen to live music and have a drink on our waterfront patio!

Boyne City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am a sleep apnea patient who uses a cpap machine. As I was getting ready for bed about midnight I noticed that I had left my distilled water for the machine at home. I called the front desk and talked to a young lady named Erin to see if there was water that I could purchase just to get through the night. She said she would check with the laundry and call me back. In a few minutes she called back to say that the hotel didn't have distilled water anywhere, but she had taken liberty to send someone out for some and it should be at my room in about 10 minutes. As promised, in the given time, another employee was standing at my door with a gallon of distilled water. When I offered to pay he said that it was complementary and that it was their pleasure to be of service.
I have been very impressed with their excellence in service.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Hi Charles F,

We are so proud of our overnight team members for the great service they provided you and appreciate you recounting your experience on Tripadvisor! Thank you for mentioning Erin and her dedication to amazing service! We hope to have the pleasure of having you with us again soon,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I periodically stay at the West Bay Beach Holiday Inn for business and I'm never disappointed with the staff. I ate at the bistro every morning of my stay with Wendy as my server. She greeted me with a smile and remembered my order every morning. Ashley made check out simple. I will be back!

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Hello Topchef3215,

We are pleased to hear about your great experience every time you stay with us! Guest satisfaction is our top priority and we appreciate your feedback on how we are doing. We will continue to provide the best service for all of your needs. Thank you for your loyalty to us!

Hunter

Been to West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort? Share your experiences!