“My favorite spot when on business in Traverse cCity” 5 of 5 stars
Review of West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort

You added West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort to your Saves list
West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   615 E. Front St., Traverse City, MI 49684 (Formerly Holiday Inn Traverse City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Traverse City
Orwell, Ohio
“My favorite spot when on business in Traverse cCity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I always try to get this Hotel when I travel to Traverse for work which is usually 8-10 weeks out of the year. I love the hotel's location and Staff. Jennifer is especially appreciated in the morning, She always remembers me and what I drink, gets my order quick so that I can get to work. She knows I am usually in a hurry. Her energy and all around happiness makes me a feel better about having to go to work, She is great I need someone like that at every hotel I stay at for work. The only downside to this Hotel is I can usually have my work's travel agent book this hotel except when there is something happening in downtown Traverse City then prices SKY ROCKET so they tend to find somewhere else that is around the usual price.Overall great hotel, great location, great staff always a great experience.

Room Tip: Any room I get is always good but the rooms on the older side of the hotel, by the Day club, have a...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

over all I had a good time at the holiday inn but the best part was the service I recived in the day club with Chris, she was great! never an empty glass and fast service with the greatings and food. I also went to the night club and did not enjoy it near as much. the staff in the big bar area didnt want to be there and you could tell and dj taz or something was playing raver music forever, dont get me wrong i like the club enviornment but club music and rave music are two different things. Anyways I will be back and i will go to day club again thanks chris your your good service!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Hunter R, Guest Relations Manager at West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Hello Brent B,

Thank you for telling us about your amazing experience in DayClub and Christine's great service! She has the perfect personality for her job. We look forward to your next visit and appreciate you choosing to stay at our beautiful resort! See you next time,

Hunter
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My niece and I stay here for 3 nights this January. Naturally we would of preferred coming in the summer but no choice there. Usually we stay in our family cottage north of TVC and don't get much of a chance to visit many of the local shops and restaurants.
Our stay at the hotel was very pleasant, nice rooms, tidy, felt very welcoming, excellent food every morning and evening! Our kudos to the kitchen, excellent!!
Also, our morning waitress, Jennifer was just wonderful and very cheerful every morning!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Krystal F, Guest Relations Manager at West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Hi Jennifer M,

It is a joy to hear you had such a great experience and that the service was top notch! Thank you for the five star review and we hope that we will get to see you again this summer!

Lansing, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was here for a wedding this past weekend. I've visited TC many times, but have never stayed at this location. The staff here is amazing! I mostly dealt with Autumn, who made the stay here helpful and easy, all with a smile. From giving us directions around the building for easy access, to being a smiling face at Shimmers the next day, she was a wonderful part of our stay. The things she helped with may seem small, but when you've just finished a 3 hour drive and just want to get to the room, her advice was helpful and welcome. I will definitely be back, hopefully at a time when Autumn is working again!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Krystal F, Guest Relations Manager at West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Hi Victoria P,

Thank you for the great review! We loving having Autumn as a part of our team and appreciate you recognizing her publicly for her overachieving attitude! We'd love to have you back soon for another visit!

Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I spent three wonderful days from Jan. 11-13, 2015, in West Bay Beach, together with my friend Lorri from Sparta, Michigan. The room was very nice and clean with a great bay view. Customer service was good. I especially want to mention our breakfast waitress Jennifer. She is a great waitress and very sweet person to talk to, and she helped us finding things in and around Traverse City, gave us excellent tips on where to go for a super steak dinner and where to find certain items we were looking for. Thank you, Jennifer! :-)
We also had dinner at the hotel restaurant, which was good, but the room was a little dark and the food wasn't really warm when served. This is the reason for me for not giving full points of my rating.
All in all, I enjoyed my stay at the hotel very much and would like to come back some day.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Hello Marlies T,

We greatly appreciate your review and are pleased to see that Jennifer made your stay even better! She's a wonderful person to have on our team! Next time you are back in Traverse City we would love to accommodate you and Lorri again! Thank you for choosing us!

Moran
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stay about 75 nights a year in hotels for business and earn enough points to stay up to 25 nights on vacation. The hotel I stay at for business the most is the West Bay Holiday Inn Resort in Traverse City. It combines the 2 features I look for most in a hotel: it's Downtown and it's on the Beach. Not many hotels can claim that! They have a great staff including Danielle at the Front Desk, Jennifer in restaurant for breakfast and Christine in the restaurant for dinner. They always provide great service and friendly conversations.

Room Tip: Ask for a Best View room.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Krystal F, Guest Relations Manager at West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello Kurt K,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize some of our amazing team members and our great location! It's encouraging to hear your review based on numerous experiences staying with us! It's always a pleasure to have you!

East Lansing, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Stayed here a few months ago and loved it. This time, it was like a completely different hotel. The hotel was dirty and the staff was too busy talking to each other to be bothered with guests. The lobby wasn't cleaned all weekend. It was so cold in the elevator that we put on our coats. Extremely disappointed!!! We used to love staying here, but we won't be back. Not sure if they have a new manager or what, but something has clearly gone very wrong here.

• Stayed January 2015
Dear Mr. Work,

Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Derek L.
Bench Manager
West Bay Beach a Holiday Inn Resort

Been to West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort? Share your experiences!