“Very nice setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort

You added West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort to your Saves list
West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   615 E. Front St., Traverse City, MI 49684 (Formerly Holiday Inn Traverse City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Traverse City
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Very nice setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My niece and I stay here for 3 nights this January. Naturally we would of preferred coming in the summer but no choice there. Usually we stay in our family cottage north of TVC and don't get much of a chance to visit many of the local shops and restaurants.
Our stay at the hotel was very pleasant, nice rooms, tidy, felt very welcoming, excellent food every morning and evening! Our kudos to the kitchen, excellent!!
Also, our morning waitress, Jennifer was just wonderful and very cheerful every morning!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Krystal F, Guest Relations Manager at West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hi Jennifer M,

It is a joy to hear you had such a great experience and that the service was top notch! Thank you for the five star review and we hope that we will get to see you again this summer!

Krystal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Lansing, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was here for a wedding this past weekend. I've visited TC many times, but have never stayed at this location. The staff here is amazing! I mostly dealt with Autumn, who made the stay here helpful and easy, all with a smile. From giving us directions around the building for easy access, to being a smiling face at Shimmers the next day, she was a wonderful part of our stay. The things she helped with may seem small, but when you've just finished a 3 hour drive and just want to get to the room, her advice was helpful and welcome. I will definitely be back, hopefully at a time when Autumn is working again!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Krystal F, Guest Relations Manager at West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Hi Victoria P,

Thank you for the great review! We loving having Autumn as a part of our team and appreciate you recognizing her publicly for her overachieving attitude! We'd love to have you back soon for another visit!

Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I spent three wonderful days from Jan. 11-13, 2015, in West Bay Beach, together with my friend Lorri from Sparta, Michigan. The room was very nice and clean with a great bay view. Customer service was good. I especially want to mention our breakfast waitress Jennifer. She is a great waitress and very sweet person to talk to, and she helped us finding things in and around Traverse City, gave us excellent tips on where to go for a super steak dinner and where to find certain items we were looking for. Thank you, Jennifer! :-)
We also had dinner at the hotel restaurant, which was good, but the room was a little dark and the food wasn't really warm when served. This is the reason for me for not giving full points of my rating.
All in all, I enjoyed my stay at the hotel very much and would like to come back some day.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Hello Marlies T,

We greatly appreciate your review and are pleased to see that Jennifer made your stay even better! She's a wonderful person to have on our team! Next time you are back in Traverse City we would love to accommodate you and Lorri again! Thank you for choosing us!

Moran
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stay about 75 nights a year in hotels for business and earn enough points to stay up to 25 nights on vacation. The hotel I stay at for business the most is the West Bay Holiday Inn Resort in Traverse City. It combines the 2 features I look for most in a hotel: it's Downtown and it's on the Beach. Not many hotels can claim that! They have a great staff including Danielle at the Front Desk, Jennifer in restaurant for breakfast and Christine in the restaurant for dinner. They always provide great service and friendly conversations.

Room Tip: Ask for a Best View room.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Krystal F, Guest Relations Manager at West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Hello Kurt K,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize some of our amazing team members and our great location! It's encouraging to hear your review based on numerous experiences staying with us! It's always a pleasure to have you!

East Lansing, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Stayed here a few months ago and loved it. This time, it was like a completely different hotel. The hotel was dirty and the staff was too busy talking to each other to be bothered with guests. The lobby wasn't cleaned all weekend. It was so cold in the elevator that we put on our coats. Extremely disappointed!!! We used to love staying here, but we won't be back. Not sure if they have a new manager or what, but something has clearly gone very wrong here.

• Stayed January 2015
Krystal F, Guest Relations Manager at West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Mr. Work,

Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Derek L.
Bench Manager
West Bay Beach a Holiday Inn Resort
Traverse City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am a loyal guest of this hotel because of it's outstanding customer service, from the time I step onto the hotel shuttle from the airport, to the time I check out, consistantly, every time I stay there! On my last vsit, I was greeted at the airport by Dan, the hotel van driver, who was very kind, with a very positive attitude, and made me feel wellcome right from the start! Great job Dan! Then, I was checked in by Ashley,at the front desk, who is always so nice every time I stay there! She is very professional and efficient at her job. I am always so happy to see her! She always takes care of anything that I need. Thank you so much Ashley ! Then Hunter, at the front desk , is always making sure that myself, and all the hotel guest's needs are accomidated. He goes above and beyond to make sure every guest has a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Excellent job Hunter ! I would recommend this hotel to anyone because of it's consistant outstanding customer service !

Room Tip: the lake view rooms are beautiful !
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Krystal F, Guest Relations Manager at West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi Mary H,

Thank you so much for your great review of our property and more importantly of our staff! It is always a pleasure to have you stay with us when you come visit your daughter! We look forward to many more continued visits! Thanks again!

Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My partner and I spent the New Year's holiday in Traverse City and stayed at this hotel for two nights. It was a little pricy, but all in all, it was great. The check-in process was quick and easy... no concerns there. Our room on the 2nd floor (218) was nice, although it offered a rather crummy view of the overhang where cars pull up to check in.

I absolutely loved this hotel. It has a restaurant/bar as well as a small nightclub where there was some kind of party going on for New Year's Eve. (For an extra $50 we could have gotten into the party, but we chose not to do that.) One thing that's really neat about this hotel is that it's on the water, but it seems like there are actually few (if any) rooms that have a good view overlooking the bay.

We paid a little extra to get breakfast vouchers with our stay, but the vouchers only covered $10 for each of us. The buffet that we had on New Year's morning cost more than $10 each, so even though we paid extra to get the vouchers, we still owed some money at the end of the breakfast. I will say, though, that the breakfast food was absolutely delicious... especially the bacon! Yum.

In general, this hotel is an older property but is still in good condition. The pool and hot tub are nice, although the water in the regular pool was kinda cold so we pretty much used the hot tub only.

The only disappointment we had with the hotel is that our room wasn't cleaned until about 6 p.m. on New Year's Day - even though we were staying there a second night. We had gone out and tooled around town on New Year's Day, but when we got back to our room, the housekeeper was in the middle of cleaning it. Kinda awkward. We left the room to give her maybe 15 or 20 minutes to finish cleaning, but the nice thing was that the gentleman at the front desk gave us both a coupon to use for a free well drink at the bar. That was nice. I guess, though, that if the hotel knew we were staying in that room a second night, the housekeeper should have cleaned our room earlier in the day. It wasn't a huge deal but just something I thought I'd mention as a constructive criticism.

The check-out process was also quick and easy.

All in all, I loved this hotel and want to stay there again. It really helped make our New Year's celebration special.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello New_friends_GR,

I want to thank you for such an extensive and thorough review! Such a review helps us get a good idea of how each outlet performed and the service you experienced. I hope that we will have the pleasure of serving you again soon!

Krystal

Been to West Bay Beach - A Holiday Inn Resort? Share your experiences!