“Ahhhhhmazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 38 hotels in Traverse City
Boyne City, MI
“Ahhhhhmazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

When I checked in exhausted from being up all night at the hospital awaiting the birth of my grandchild, all I wanted was sleep! I told the front desk clerk all of this and he placed me in a room at the end of the hall away from other guests and said he would let housekeeping know I needed quiet. I never heard a sound. The room was beautiful and breakfast was great! Thank you for listening to your guests and always making me feel welcome!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

France F, Front Desk at Hampton Inn Traverse City, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hampton Inn of Traverse City. You are an important guest and all of your comments and feedback help us better serve you. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your time and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the near future. We loved having you here.

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
St. Johns, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

The staff is very pleasant and helpful and worked to make our stay enjoyable. Breakfast was good and the room clean and neat. The hotel is located on a busy street near the State Park in Traverse City, making access to activities around the area easy. We were never in the car for more than 20 minute when traveling to various destinations around the area. The bed in the hotel was not as comfortable as we expected (king bed) and appeared not to have had the upgrades we experienced at other Hampton Inns.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hampton Inn of Traverse City. You are an important guest and all of your comments and feedback help us better serve you. I apologize that the beds were not up to your standards.Thank you for your time and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed from Monday through Friday in Traverse City over the New Year week. Paid $99 bucks a night. Turns out I should've booked on the water or down the street for 1/3 to 1/2 that and gotten the same or better room. But, it was warm and quiet. The value compared to the other hotels in the same area, put this one in the over-priced for what you get category. Again, Hilton help is not so friendly and you're in their way, not the other way around, as I tried to get some breakfast down stairs. I won't be back. Try the other places on the strip and you'll discover wonderful little places with fireplaces and whirlpools and other delights.

Room Tip: Try another place unless you just want hilton honor points - -spend $99 bucks somewhere you can get...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hampton Inn of Traverse City. You are an important guest and all of your comments and feedback help us better serve you. I apologize if during your stay we were not up to Hampton's excellent standard of service. Thank you for your time and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the near future. We loved having you here.
Saginaw, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The room was filthy with cookie crumbs near the end table between the bed, pills on the floor and wrappers between the bed and the armoire. The comforter appeared to have fresh stains on it. A very gross experience. Hard to believe that anyone tended to this room before we arrived and if they did they should not be working in house keeping. Check-in took about 10 minutes as the employees who were supposed to be tending to the front desk were in the back room chatting and unaware that I was at the desk. The in room heater made a continuous ticking noise to the point of continually waking me up. This will be my last stay at Hampton Inn. Disappointing experience and one of the worst that I've had in the area. I would recommend Cambria Suites.

Roscommon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were pleased with our stay. From the outside it looks like an older hotel but the rooms were very nice. On the small side but very nice styling and clean. In the summer the location near the state park would be ideal.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hampton Inn of Traverse City. You are an important guest and all of your comments and feedback help us better serve you. Thank you for your time and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Saginaw, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The hotel was OK. Was clean and breakfast was fine. No microwave nor refrigerator in rooms. Beds were not as comfortable as other Hampton Inn beds we have slept in. There are many hotels in Traverse city, I would try another if available.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Sault set marie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Excellent stay. Had great service and the breaky was delicious. The coffee was very good as well. The rooms were super quiet and the room was super clean. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would come back every time when visiting.

France Fitzgerald F.D.

Been to Hampton Inn Traverse City? Share your experiences!