We stayed here in January and the rooms were disgusting. We had candy wrappers from a previous guest in one bed under the blankets (apparently the cleaning staff didn't feel the need to at least take them off the bed before making it which also means the sheets weren't changed). The other bed had blood or crap ( literally) in multiple spots on the blanket. When walking in to the room the box spring was covered in red stains and since the sheets don't cover it or hang over the first mattress, it was clearly never scrubbed off. If you are going to have red stained mattresses at least put a sheet over it. The other room had a leak in the window and since the heater was right under the window and it had cold water dripping on it, it never turned off all night and was miserable. When we told the front desk, she didn't offer to move my other family members (too many people for just one room). The next morning when a complaint was made again, the front desk said no one was supposed to be out in that room and we were moved. So this is poor communication between management and staff. The shower in one room only had one temperature which was burning hot and the drain had rust on it. Then the next morning there was a sewage backup in the hotel. The TVs were updated so that was a plus but I would not stay here again. I'd rather pay 50 dollars more and stay at another hotel. I wasn't expecting much for the price but I do not expect to have to worry about cleanliness. It has poor management. And poor expectations of the staff to keep it clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned and operated. Located seven miles south of downtown Traverse City, near Interlochen, Buckley and Kingsley. Recent upgrades include: new carpet, new wallpaper, in-room coffee makers, expanded wif-fi service throughout the building, flat screen TV's in most guest rooms. All rooms are now equipped with microwaves and refrigerators. Other amenities include: free continental breakfast, indoor pool and hot tub, in-room hair dryers. Dogs accepted with permission. We have parking available for trucks, trailers, motor coaches and other large vehicles. We offer wine tour packages in cooperation with the Leelanau Peninsula Vintner's Association several times throughout the year. If you have a special need/request, please contact the hotel directly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Econo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Traverse City
- Traverse City Econo Lodge