“Nice Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Traverse City
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Nice Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed here July 2011 for 3 nights, was a pleasant get away. Location is right downtown Traverse City and close to nearby restaurants and shopping, only a few blocks from the lake. Hotel Service was nice, rooms were clean although a bit out of date. Huge Indoor pool great to have with MI weather changing every 10 minutes. Price was fair as anything in Traverse City during the summer months is quite high for what you get. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room in the Tower facing North for best views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
parkplace1, Front Office Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
We would like to thank you for your recent visit and review of the hotel. The Park Place does have one of the larger indoor pools in the area and the hotel is very competitive with other hotels for rates during the entire year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Beauly, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great location. Food was really nice. Everything we needed..
Attended wedding at Ciccone Winery which is also worth a visit.
The rooms are comfortable and clean food is good what more could you want.

• Stayed October 2013
We are very fortunate to have guests visit the Traverse City area and the Park Place. The hotel will be having some updates in the near future we hope that you can return to visit us soon!
Jenison, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Enjoyed the staff, good customer service. Did not eat at restaurant in hotel but they catered the breakfast and lunch. Great service and good food. We did have to walk through the restaurant to get to the meeting area. Enjoyed all.

Room Tip: I preferred the rooms on the West side as they were larger, tower rooms are nice but smaller.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
PPHGM, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your compliment. I agree, this is a great place for a conference. Thank you again.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I booked a 4-day meeting at the Park Place hotel on the recommendation of the Traverse City tourist bureau, sight unseen. Through the staff at the hotel I was able to book a meeting room with the catering and AV equipment I needed, and I also received a preferential room rate for the attendees. Boy I was hoping this place would work out.
During out entire stay we were absolutely well taken care of, from the shuttle driver who agreed to pick us up after 'shuttle times' because our flight was late, to the great friendly service in the restaurant for breakfast and lunch every day (Bonnie and Jon, that's you) to the friendly staff at the front desk (Matt, thanks for teaching me about fishing!). Whatever we needed, the staff were quick to respond and wonderfully accommodating (even if our request was unconventional).
The hotel itself was a old, but I think that lent to its character. If we wanted to stay at the Hilton, we would have stayed at the Hilton.
Great experience, I will definitely recommend this hotel for meetings, or for a stay, and I'm hoping next year to do a similar meeting at the Park Place.

Room Tip: My room faced the water, which was lovely. There are two towers, a short one and a tall one, I imagi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your lovely complement. I hope we can be of service to you in the future. Thank you!
Catawba Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This Grand hotel was our base for 2 days on an Anniversary celebration trip. We enjoyed our stay as we ventured out during the day to the areas many wineries and shoppes. The Beacon Lounge on the 10th floor is the only observation point in the area that gives such a great panoramic view. It is conveniently located to walk to most restaurants / points of interest in the downtown Traverse City area. We would stay again.

Room Tip: There are rooms in the main "tower" that face the bay for great views and there are rooms...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
PPHGM, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and for your favorable comments. My staff and I look forward to serving you in the near future. Happy Autumn!
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at the Park Place for a long weekend as we were in Traverse City to celebrate with family friends for our daughters wedding. I was not overly impressed with the facilities although there was nothing distinctly wrong wih the place. It looked a bit worn and dated. There were at least twenty five rooms used for the weekend but there was no discount applied for the party. I thought the rates were high with taxes and other various charges - the cost averaged close to $200.00 per night. Their reservation department had a terrible time getting our reservation in the system properly requiring 4-5 calls to correct it. I think we would have been as well served to stay at a Hamton or Comfort Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm very sorry for the confusion, but I'm happy you enjoyed your stay. Please understand, the Park Place is a full service hotel, unlike the other brands you mentioned which are limited service properties. These brands provide a good product, but being downtown and having full service amenities are differentiating factors. I hope you will be back to enjoy our offerings.
Westerly, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Gorgeous hotel in downtown Traverse City with exceptional views of Grand Traverse Bay. Reasonable in price with an outstanding restaurant and lounge, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in my old home town.

Room Tip: Try to get a north facing room wtih a balcony in the newer section for a great view! (the front of t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
PPHGM, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback and for choosing to stay with us. My staff and I look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.

Been to Park Place Hotel? Share your experiences!