“Loft room was great!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Traverse City
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Loft room was great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very friendly front desk staff. Free snacks in room. Able to use shuttle from Cambria suites next door-awesome service. Didn't have free breakfast. Two storey loft room was nice and spacious. They have a pillow bar but we didn't use it.

Room Tip: We had 135 which was at end of hall - no noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This is a well-maintained, older hotel located on the bay (and a busy street). The room was clean. The pillow bar was interesting but we stuck with the standard pillow. The indoor pool was nice. The breakfast area was a bit cramped and the breakfast typical for Best Western. We paid $134 plus tax - a good deal for the location.

• Stayed July 2013
Howell MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We made this reservation on short notice and the Best Western was one of two or three properties that had vacancies. We new many hotels would be full in Traverse City during the summer and selected the Best Western. What made our stay very good was the caring staff. My husband had a medical emergency and had to go to the hospital. The staff was wonderful, from checking on us to be sure that we were OK to bringing me a map to the hotel, to extending our stay at the last minute. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Awesome place! You have to try this place! The toilets are amazing, the hot tub shoots so far it works as a shower. I am not sure if the Dorito bag and chip behind the dresser was intentional, but it only added to the artistic nature of the motel. I would spend twice as much to get screwed this hard again! The other part that is amazing is how they turned an old motel into a crappy hotel. It has the feel of an outdoor motel wrapped up in an enclosed hotel design. Brilliant! Did I mention the velocity of the hot tub?

• Stayed July 2013
RussWCole, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Four Seasons, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
I see we really failed to impress you with our staff and hotel, for that I'm very sorry. I would like an opportunity to apologize and find a resolution that would be to your satisfaction. We hold our housekeepers to high standards and if we have a problem with a staff member we welcome the feedback so we can resolve it and make sure it doesn't happen to another guest. Knowing when you stayed and room number we can back track and see what happened. I will be at the hotel on Tuesday, you can call me toll free at 888-499-3060, or if you would rather email me my email address is russ@traversecitylodging.com. I hope to hear from you soon. Russ W. Cole, General Manager.
East Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We spent three nights at Best Western on Munson Ave.
On the day we arrived, we were told that our room would be ready by 2pm. We ended up waiting around in the wide hallway because it wasn't ready until 3pm. Who knows how the last residents left the room??? Nonetheless, we were a little irked because we were eager to put our little children to nap & were left waiting the hallway. I'm glad that we weren't admonished for letting our three year old ride his little scooter around the hallway. He was so bored, so we tried to keep him busy while we waited.
Regardless of this little bump, the staff service was excellent. The rooms were clean & the little shampoos & conditioners were replenished every day. A few used towels & a few strands of hair were left in our bathroom on the day we arrived - so that grossed me out. The bed was a little too lumpy for my tastes, & the AC unit was pretty loud. The room was a good size, though.
Complimentary breakfast offers a lot: waffles, eggs, sausages, French toast, bagels, muffins, fruit, etc. My goodness, we were overwhelmed. & a friendly staff person bustles around replenishing the food. She was super-sweet & perky.
The dining area is always open, so we were able to bring lunch from outside & eat there.
Adjacent to the dining area is the indoor swimming pool. The room is really warm, but the pool is slightly cooler. We went to the pool twice in 3 days. It is filled with pool toys, kick boards & inflatable stuff. Plus, the deep end is 11 feet! We had a good time in the pool.
I would definitely come back to the Best Western. I appreciated the staff members' warmth.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RussWCole, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Four Seasons, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel out of many for your accommodations. I'm very sorry we fell behind on getting your room ready for an early check in. I know with little ones how important it is to get settled in. I also want to apologize for the issues you brought up, we have used your feedback to improve our training with housekeeping. Was great to hear your family enjoyed our 11 foot deep indoor heated pool that is open 24 hours, not very many with that depth still around, let alone being open 24 hours. One of my pet peeves traveling was you get checked in, go to dinner, come back and the pool would be closed already. I'm also glad to hear your family enjoyed the hot breakfast. Nothing starts a great day than a nourishing breakfast and ours is a big step up from a continental breakfast. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you back soon! Russ W. Cole, General Manager
Racine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The staff was very helpful gave good dinner suggestions and good sites to see in Traverse City. The rooms were very nice and clean. During our 3 day stay we only needed clean towels and the cleaning staff would straighten the room and do light cleaning. The breakfast was fine and had good coffee. I would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the very kind words regarding your 3 day stay with us at Best Western. I'm pleased that our front desk staff gave you great suggestions for dinner and things to do. Traverse City is so blessed with many great restaurants and so many fun activities. A big part of our front desk training focuses on being a "tour guide" for our guests. We have many resources we put together so our guests will enjoy their stay at our hotel and our great city. We happy you enjoyed your room and breakfast too, it's well beyond even the brand standards at most resort hotels. Please come back to see us soon! Russ W. Cole, General Manager.
Granger
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our stay was extra special,the staff went out of there way to make our visit a memorable one.
When we arrived to our room, a banner was hanging up to celebrate our anniversary along with a welcome basket. We where surprised and felt like they were happy for us, to be there.
One particular employee (Adrienne) went out of her way to equip us with bottled water & snacks, to make sure our trip to Sleeping Bear Dunes was enjoyable. The treatment we received from Adrienne
was remarkable, as she kept busy supplying breakfast goods for all of the guest staying.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RussWCole, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Four Seasons, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
I'm delighted to read how happy you were with your stay with our hotel. Our team here at Best Western Four Seasons strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. I'm very pleased when I hear from our guests that our dedication to providing "heroic hospitality" was accomplished. Our entire staff (and management too!) reads every review on TripAdvisor, and even if we don't measure up to a guest's expectations, we use that as a tool to find ways to improve. I'm very grateful you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback about Adrienne. I hope you enjoyed your trip to the Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes too! We are looking forward to your return visit to our hotel, please don't hesitate to contact me if there is anything else we can do for you. Thank you! Russ W. Cole, General Manager.

Been to BEST WESTERN Four Seasons? Share your experiences!