“The Perfect B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Antiquities' Wellington Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Traverse City
Antiquities' Wellington Inn
You added Antiquities' Wellington Inn to your Saves list
230 Wellington Street, Traverse City, MI 49686   |
Ranked #2 of 20 Traverse City B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“The Perfect B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Our stay was absolutely lovely. The rooms were wonderfully decorated and were so well cared for. The place was immaculate. The owners and managers were very nice and helpful. The breakfast was very good .... The best French toast we have ever had. Location was perfect for walking to local restaurants and other downtown sites and activities. Plan to return to the Wellingon ....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I visited the Wellington earlier this year and loved it so much I brought my husband back to it to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary. We weren't disappointed. This is among the best B&Bs we've ever stayed in. It's lovely, immaculately clean, beautifully restored/furnished, and within walking distance to the Traverse City downtown area. The food is great and Barb, the innkeeper, is just a wonderful host and a very friendly, warm lady.

This time we stayed in a room with the old fashioned bath and a small balcony. We loved sitting on the balcony to read before breakfast and take in the surrounding neighborhood, which is equally beautiful.

My only recommendation for improvement (and why I didn't give 5 stars) is the bed/pillows. The mattress in this room (and the last I stayed in) is a little worn and very, very soft. Our backs were killing us each morning and it was hard to get comfortable. The pillows are also foam (no feather option) and quite hard. That is not a great combo. It was quite uncomfortable and I didn't sleep well, nor did my husband. It would be easy to fix.

At the least, I would recommend that guests travel with their favorite pillow if they can.

I hope that doesn't put a cloud over this review or this Inn because I still would come back without hesitation. It's my experience.

Room Tip: If you like the "old fashioned" bath with huge tubs, make sure you get one of the rooms wi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

What a beautiful bed and breakfast! It is so charming and comfortable. We stayed one night in the Munson chamber. It is a great room; it has the small balcony over the front door. It also has a fireplace and spacious bathroom. Upstairs there is a rec room with a small kitchen stocked with coffee, water, cookies, pop, beer, wine... Just what we needed to relax after our four hour drive here! My husband and I enjoyed a beer on our balcony. Breakfast was delicious, with fresh strawberries topped with homemade whipped cream, blueberry pancakes, and bacon. All quests eat at the same time which is nice, since it sort of forces you to be social! Barb is a very friendly and attentive host. You can walk to most places from here, so it is really a perfect and peaceful location to explore downtown Traverse City.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We were lucky enough to book a room for two nights at the Wellington Inn and have only good things to say about it. The inn itself is a pleasure to walk around and is beautifully maintained. The innkeepers were friendly, informative about places to visit and very thoughtful. The breakfast served daily was delightful, and the "family" seating gave us an opportunity to meet some of the other guests. With respect to cleanliness, our room was very clean. The location was very convenient to restaurants and the town. I recommend it wholeheartedly!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Milford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed for one night in the Woolsey suite. It was a large, lovely room with a large bathroom attached. Our hosts were warm and welcoming. The location was very convenient for walking to shops and restaurants. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I absolutely enjoyed my stay at this mansion bed and breakfast. To be honest I was reluctant at first due to the price per night. This b&b is a bit on the higher end from my perspective, nevertheless totally worth it. First off the innkeepers where relaxed, gregarious, and accommodating. For example they went out of the way to provide us with a vegan breakfast each morning. My girlfriend and I appreciated the effort. The breakfast inlcuded fresh fruit every morning, which was great. Additionally, Barb, the innkeeper, let us check in early upon arrival (we did let them know ahead of time). The place is delightfully abundant with vintage furniture and decor. It was simply fun to walk around and feel like you were transported through time. This place also gave you a strong sense of feeling at home. Now we stayed in 2 rooms, the Ferris room and the Vortruba room. Both visually exquisite rooms. I would say the decor in the Vortruba room was a bit more eye appealing (original walls had beautiful designs and one wall had writing on it that to us was visual poetry) and this room had a nice little sitting spot next to the foot of the bed making it seem a bit bigger then the Ferris room. However the Ferris room was still amazing and had a much larger bathroom with a separate shower and jacuzzi tub for 2. The tub was a lot of fun and had tons of settings to enjoy. The third floor has a full kitchen and area to eat and/or play games. The kitchen has a fridge, microwave, stove, plates, glasses, cups, utencils, etc all at your disposal. The kitchen also has junk food goodies (that I did not eat), water, and cold beer (that I did enjoy). Finally the location! This b&b does have a great location being that it is a few minutes walking both to the closest beach area and downtown traverse. I know it sounds too good to be true. My parents did stay at the Holiday Inn smack next to the beach. This hotel did have a great location in case you were considering as an option. Price was a little cheaper, but did not come close to the Antiquities Wellington. I almost booked a room at the Holiday Inn and thank god I did not! Great view, but toilet didn't work properly, sofa bed was broken, and when opening the window to enjoy a beautiful breeze many mosquitoes flew in. All in all this b&b was a perfectly wonderful, relaxing, and romantic place to stay. Hope to experience again soon.

Room Tip: Check out the room details online. They are all unique and one has a private balcony.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We rented the Art Deco Carriage House apartment with another couple during a recent trip to Traverse City. The accommodations were wonderful and the owners were very welcoming. Upon our arrival, we were greeted warmly and the owner took a personal investment in making sure we had maps, dinner ideas, and information about the locations we wanted to visit.
The Carriage House itself was perfect for a weekend with friends - providing both privacy and a cozy place to gather together. The owner left us fresh baked cookies, snacks, and beverages; a lovely touch. It was impeccably clean and wonderfully outfitted with period decor. The beds were very comfortable, and we got a great nights sleep. Our only regret was that we couldn't stay longer.
We will definitely return on our next trip to Traverse City!

Room Tip: The Carriage House is a great spot for people seeking a bit more privacy than a B&B typically of...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Antiquities' Wellington Inn? Share your experiences!