“Beautiful view, friendly staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Pointes North Beachfront Resort Hotel
2211 US 31 North, Traverse City, MI 49686   |
Ranked #10 of 38 hotels in Traverse City
Bad Axe, Michigan
“Beautiful view, friendly staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Nice view, room was clean and SMELLED CLEAN. Looked like they had updated some things in the room recently. Staff didn't change the sheets, just made the bed in the morning. Had juice, yogurt and mini-muffins for breakfast. Staff was helpful about area attractions. The only drawback was that we could hear road noise in the room, but after a day outside, a soak in the tub and a comfortable bed it wasn't hard to sleep. The fridge and microwave were nice to have in the room. Also, the room had heat registers, not a heating/cooling unit so this made it very quiet when the heat came on.
All in all a very nice place to stay and for the price at the time it was a good value.

Room Tip: If it's during a time when the pool is open, be aware that it is outside nd open late. This may...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Grand Haven, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday!! My husband and I had just stayed the end of September for my 40th birthday and our Anniversary. I can't say enough about the friendly staff and cleanliness of the room, lobby and even the outside appearance of the Hotel in a whole. The Beach is clean and calming, with beach chairs to lounge on. The pool was clean and heated to a great temperature for a nice night swim. We had gone one day and ventured up Mission Point Penisula to a few winery's and also drove up to Mission Point Light House and ventured out to see the sights were amazing and the winery's we went to were great! I would definately take the time enjoy the winery's and what Traverse City has to offer. In September while we were their the colors were coming out on the trees and we had a wonderful Indian summer!!! Could not have asked for a better vacation for my birthday and our anniversary!!

Room Tip: We love to stay in the West tower on the third floor. Nice and quiet and a great view of the East B...
East Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We've been staying here for years because we enjoy that every room has a view, a little balcony and a two person jacuzzi. Also reasonably priced. Each room is someone's condo and different. Some drawbacks: you'll want to go somewhere else for breakfast (they used to have great doughnuts but now it's more like bargin doughnuts) and the pipes thump all night in the winter.

Room Tip: Highest floor so no one is walking around above your head.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at Pointes North many times, and I must say that we enjoyed previous stay's. However, Labor Day weekend I was uncomfortable with our check in. First of all I spoke to the front desk staff and no one replied. A male intern waited on me and reviewed the policies and inform me not to smoke, no pets allowed and to make sure I left the TV. I replied, we do not smoke, we did not bring any pets and we have TV's at home. I left a message for the GM to contact me, of course he didn't. The day we checked out, I was able to speak to him and all he said was that the intern was doing well and he had never heard him say anything of the sort before. He denied getting a message that I wanted to speak to him and said he would talk to the intern. My husband spoke with the housekeeper who stated "people in TC can be snobs". By the interns remarks it appeared that he thought it would be necessary to inform a certain group of people to not take the TV. If North Pointe staff meant to offend me, they did a good job. My husband and I do not plan to return. Way to go Pointes North!

• Stayed September 2012
Chris G, General Manager at Pointes North Beachfront Resort Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay. First let me apologize to you for failing to meet your expectations. Our goal is to exceed our guests expectations and we failed. I will share your review with our entire team. We would hope you would give us another chance.

Chris Gorence
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Pointes North has be my husband and my choice for a weekend get-away in Traverse City for the last 12 years! The staff have always been very pleasant and friendly. Over the years we have stayed in various rooms, all of which offer fantastic views and comfortable accommodations. We love the location so much, our children now buy us gifts certificates for our yearly anniversary trip! =)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Shelby Township
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay at the Pointes North Resort. The room was very large (even had a sitting area) and the view of the bay was wonderful. Every room is a balcony room so every room has a great view. We were there in off season so it was very quiet on the beach. Nice for a peaceful rest. One night we decided to just send out for dinner so we could enjoy the evening view from our balcony. The good size refrigerator and microwave in the room were also appreciated. All in all we were very satisfied. The only thing I might mention is that the breakfast offered is of the doughnuts and bagel variety. Nothing wrong with that but if you expecting a “Hampton Inn” type hot breakfast bar, be advised.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed numerous times, and have always really enjoyed it. We love the rooms, the service, and the views. We do wish they had a little better selection for the breakfast, because we have never been able to enjoy that. But overall a great place to stay. Have recommended to our friends!

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Pointes North Beachfront Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!