“Loved the atmosphere!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Organic, Pizza, Sandwiches
Fenton, Michigan
“Loved the atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had a very nice lunch here after climbing the sand dunes however the portion sizes were a little smaller than expected (or maybe it was because we were very hungry!). The food was very good and fresh tasting. The cider was also fun to taste. I love to see more places with organic and local food on their menus.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pennsauken, New Jersey
“Seriously loved this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I'm a big fan of hard cider. When we were in Michigan we tried several cider places and this was our absolute favorite. All of their ciders were excellent quality. We especially loved the Orange Blossom, Cherry, and Blueberry ciders. They had wine here, too, but we were too busy sampling the ciders to try the wine. Our only disappointment was that they don't bottle the ciders yet - they only do growler fills for now. However, they said they are hoping to bottle in the future. The food was fresh and delicious. We both had the rustic tacos. I have to eat gluten-free and they are gluten-free friendly, even offering gluten-free wraps. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely go back here if we find ourselves in Michigan again. If they had their cider in bottles, we would've come home with a case of it.

• Visited June 2014
chicago, illinois
“Loved our afternoon at the Northern Natural Cider House!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We absolutely loved our lunch here....best homemade (clearly homemade!) hummus, salsa, and guacamole. LOVED the carrot/ginger soup! I am going to attempt replicating that this weekend at home in Illinois! Best part of the afternoon...the ciders! 2 thumbs up on the the lemongrass cherry cider....and, the Cherry Bomb and the Orange blossom cider. Excellent service ...inviting atmosphere. This is a winner for the Traverse City area!

• Visited July 2014
Traverse City, Michigan
“WOW!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

WOW, what a great experience. We had eight guests from out of town, Chicago,Detroit area. We picked the outside dining. Tables were decorated beautifully and were very clean. Our waiter (Luke) did a great job. He made some great suggestions and guided us through the menu nicely, our food came out at a nice pace and was excellent,Luke told us that the cooks are really financial about serving the food as soon as it's ready instead of waiting for all to come out at once. It really was a nice touch, we ended up sharing whatever came out next. They advertise fresh and organic and it really shows, everything tasted really fresh and was delicious. Everyone had different ciders and the winner was the cherry ginger with the sugar ginger rim. (Now that is GREAT CIDER). Ron Getz was playing guitar, how cool to have live music in such a cool setting. The interior is awesome, we asked about the wood work and were told the furniture is made out of 50-60 year old dried apple wood from one of the owners farms. What a cool story they are telling, this is REAL farm to table! The bartender was really cool and very good, she never stopped smiling.

• Visited July 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Inviting ambience, ok food, slow service, variety of ciders”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

My family and I stopped in here for a quick lunch after being out all day at Sleeping Bear Dunes. We were hungry, but were looking for light fare as we had dinner reservations at Trattoria Stella. The menu seemed perfect - small, healthy plates that sounded appetizing.

I think the food has a lot of potential, but it was unfortunately bland and could have used some salt and pepper at the least. I really wanted to try the veggie rolls, but they had run out. Also, the asparagus soup sounded delicious, but it only came in a large portion size and I didn't want to make that my whole meal. So we got the artisan cheese board, rustic tacos with veggies instead of pork, avocado cups, and kale salad. Again, really had high hopes for the food. The cheese plate was decent, but nothing memorable, and same with the avocado cups. The rustic tacos were ok, but could have used more flavor. The kale salad was my least favorite. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE kale. Seriously, I do…I drink a kale smoothie for breakfast every morning so I am not new to kale. This salad tasted like freshly cut grass…not so yummy. My husband and father-in-law ordered cider which they thought was ok.

The ambience here is adorable. It's what drew us in initially. It was a bit too cool to sit outdoors, but we got a nice table inside. There was only one other table at the restaurant since it was almost 3:00pm so we were expecting service to be a bit quicker. Unfortunately, there is only one server and one chef. Expect to wait for your food.

I think I'd give them one more chance if I came back to Traverse City, but probably just for a drink and an appetizer instead of a whole meal.

• Visited May 2014