“Bland, Not temped right and not customer oriented!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #218 of 255 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Bland, Not temped right and not customer oriented!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time eating at this restaurant so I thought i'd give it a try, the service leaves much to be desired... I asked for a mid-rare sirloin steak and when she bought it out it was almost well done. It seems that they don't really know what seasoning is used for, the food was extremely bland.The salad was the best thing I ate here today... and even that was poor quality. Should have spent my $16.00 next door at Culvers.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Maple Lake
“Should have went next door”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My team was in town for a meeting and we needed to grab something fast for lunch and i thought the lunch buffet would be perfect for a group of 11 to get in and out. Once paying for the buffet we all started to look and at that point I knew I was in trouble with my team. The pans of food just plain looked bad. Most of us at salad bar and left. I heard about it all day until I took them some where nice for dinner. They already said I will be getting an award for the worse meal of the year on this pick.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sault Ste. Marie
“More than just a steak!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

There is almost anything you would want on this family menu. There a lots of room for large groups around the tables and staff are very helpful to accommodate your request. Remember the dessert is included in the price.

Visited April 2013
Traverse City,MI
“Average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The food is good most of the time. Gotta get there when they are buy if you want the food to be hot and fresh. The spaghetti sauce angers me. It changes all the time and is almost never any good. The meatballs are good but they are not always there. Pretty much all I eat when I go there is rice and chicken wings. Other things that I try are bland and tasteless. Service is always good, no complaints there. Been a cook for fifteen years so I understand that Ponderosa is not high end but it never hurts to flavor the food and have some consistancy. Still, all you can eat is not bad. Overall Ponderosa is average at best

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
grawn
“Breakfast Buffet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

we went to your breakfast buffet Easter morning it was the worse breakfast buffet . though its one of the cheapest around the food was was cold the pans you put the food in looked dirty the lids were water spotted and i witnessed the girl putting new food on top of old food and not rotating it it looked like you cooked the food and then just set the pans out we will never return and we wont recommend your buffet. I would rather spend a few more dollars and get better quality and better food handling practices

• Visited March 2013