“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Not sure why all the terrible reviews here. This restaurant was close to our hotel so we decided to give it a shot and were not disapointed. The decor is amazing and makes you feel like you are eating in a small mexican cafe. The service was great as we never waited long for anything. The food was very good at a price that was hard to beat. $70 for 3 people with a huge app/ 3 large alcoholic drinks/ 3 meals and 1 dessert large enough for two people to share

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Grand Haven, Michigan
“First time back in awhile and worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Myself and my wife took a mini color tour trip to T.C. at the end of October and decided to go here for dinner our first night in town. We had been here years before when we still had kids at home, but these days we travel much lighter<g>

After a day of fresh air and exercise, shooting the sights on the Mission Point Penninsula (I'm a photographer of sorts) we were more than ready for dinner by the time we got to La Senorita. It had been a cold and wet day and it was snowing as we entered the parking lot. We headed into the restaurant and were greeted warmly and taken to a booth out of the way. The waitress (sorry, don't remember her name) broght our drinks and hot chips and salsa right away, which we promptly devored. I ordered one of their burritos and the wife got a taco dinner that she got to build herself. Both of our entres were served promptly and hot. I was starved and forgot to take a pic of the plate before diving into one of the best burrito's I've had in quite awhile. It was balanced. By that I mean it was not just a lump of hamburger in a shell, it was prepared with a sufficient amount of sauce and condiments on the outside and the shell was light and not as chewy as some I've had at other places.

The wife was satisfied with her taco plate too and polished off all the tacos, still having some fixings left over. We passed on desert, feeling just right after finishing off our yummy meals.

We eat Mexican fare frequently, we both love spicy food and we've been to La Senorita's in both T.C. and Petosky a number of times and have never had a bad meal experience at one of their restaurants. I see reviews on here from people complaining about their mexican dinners being too hot, or too spicy and I always want to ask, "why do you go to a mexican place if you don't like spicy food"? I don't get it.

At any rate our meal this time around was excellent and if we hadn't had another mexican restaurant on our to do list for the next night, we'd probably have come back here again the next night to try a different meal from the menu. I'd have no problem recommending La Senorita's for a dinner on the town and I'd take friends or family there in a heartbeat if they were with us when one was close by. All in all a above average place to go for good mexican fare and a nice dining environment.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, Michigan
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We got take out so I can't comment on the service. The food was just okay - nothing special. Very average Mexican. Seemed a little pricey (2 meals were $30).

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Eeewww”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

The meal was good until I was getting ready for the check...took one last bite... and noticed the overwhelming taste of MOlD.... I almost threw up... I spat it out and got the check... the waitress handled it well when I told her... but after that... I won't be going back!! Disgusting....

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Traverse City, Michigan
“Peanut butter pie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is still my go-to when I just can't shake that need for a good peanut-butter pie. The newer one in Traverse City is nicer to take the grand kids to when they want tacos.

Visited June 2013