“Been coming here since I was a kid” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Lansing, MI
“Been coming here since I was a kid”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Don's Drive-In is always at the top of my must-do list when in Traverse City. I've been coming here since I was a kid (my mom went as a child, too) and I always look forward to it. The burgers and fries are excellent, but my favorite thing is the real fruit cherry shake. Delicious!!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Best cheeseburgers,fries, & milkshakes!! No cheap ingredients used here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Ate hear twice during annual Traverse City trip. Best shakes & cheeseburgers!! Quality ingredients are used in burger meat, cheese, & dairy for milkskakes! One can taste them! If one wants quality then you pay for it! Don's is not the same catergory as McDonald's.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
“Great place to grab a quick sandwich.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were in a hurry on the way to the airport. We had our sandwiches within 5 minutes. The BLT & the fish sandwich were great.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, Michigan
“Great Milk Shakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Each year the kids ask us to stop for a milk shake. They love them. The staff who greated us at the door was very friendly. We have never eaten there, we only have stop for the milk shakes. There are slightly on the expensive side.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Traverse City, Michigan
“Do not go inside !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

In all fairness to Don's Drive-In I did not use the drive-in service, I went inside to dine. We were met by an older gentleman (maybe Don himself for all I know) who was very rude and unaccommodating. I tend to give everyone I meet a second chance so I shrugged off his behavior and patiently waited to be seated. I was with a party of five and once a table opened up he pointed and said "you can go sit down now". As we started in that direction he immediately stopped us and said "Stop! You have to wait for him to finish cleaning the table!". I was thinking to myself, "Is this guy for real?". We get to the table and it only seats four, so I asked "Don" for a chair to place at the end of the booth. He begrudgingly walked to the other side of the diner to get us a chair and didn't even make eye contact when he placed the chair beside the booth. At this point we should have just left because there was nothing that was going to turn this awful experience around. Long story short, the food was "average" at best. For the money we paid the food was very underwhelming. Anyone who claims this place has the best burgers hasn't eaten enough burgers in their life. It was so loud inside the diner that I had to yell so everyone in my booth could to hear me. Not a single person in my party finished their entire meal (poor food quality and deafening noise = get me out of here as quickly as possible). AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS !!!!

• Visited August 2012