“Yum!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

After a great day hiking on Sleeping Bear Dunes, this was a wonderful place to relax and have a great meal. The tomato soup had us wishing we'd ordered bowls instead of cups. The salad with dried cherries, goat cheese and chicken was delicious. Lots of other tasty items on the menu.

• Visited June 2014

Royal Oak, Michigan
“Great vegetarian options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

After looking at a few menus online, my husband and I chose Poppycock's for our first night out on vacation in Traverse City. It was just the sort of place we wanted -- a bit upscale, but still casual. The "portobello puff" I ordered was truly outstanding -- honestly one of the best entrees I've ever had in a restaurant, not to mention the lovely presentation. My husband had the mushroom ravioli and cleaned pretty much every drop from his plate. (Both entrees were $16, which I found to be a very good value considering the high quality.) The bread served prior to the meal is addictive, too -- beware! We found many affordable options on the wine list, too, including some Michigan-made varieties, which I always like to see. Our meal ended with a delicious butterscotch budino (a mousse-like dessert that I was previously unfamiliar with, but would definitely order again). All in all, a lovely meal at a price that didn't break the bank.

• Visited June 2014
Valencia, CA
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Dined here based on the menu and TA reviews. Service was good and the food was outstanding. Casual eligance is how I would describe this restaurant. Portobello mushroom puff was beautifully presented and tasted as good as it looked. I had the brisket with steamed squash and sweet potato fries. Delicious! Wine by the glass also very well done. I highly recommend Poppycocks for dinner if you are in the Traverse City area.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Missoula
“Enjoyed the Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was treated to lunch here by some dear friends that make this place a regular stop. They raved to me about the Caesar Salad and so that's what we all had. Mine was good but was not dressed with a traditional Caesar dressing. My friends were disappointed by the dressing because it was not what they expected and had raved about.

Visited May 2014
Haslett, Michigan
“Great Atmosphere, Wonderful Food, Fun Drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The food and service were outstanding. They had plenty of vegeterian options and a few gluten free options. It was hard to choose what to order, and everyone in our group of six enjoyed what they ordered. They have several fun drinks on their menu. Most meals were $25 and under. From what I understand they use as many local products as they can. Great location if you want to walk around and do a little shopping befor eor after your meal.

• Visited May 2014