“Great food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Windsor, Canada
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We came here at 7pm on a Saturday night and only had to wait about 15 minutes for a table. Once we sat they did ask if we minded if they sat another table at the same table, but we were sitting at a 6-seater so it was fine and not awkward at all.
The food was delicison - I had the haystack burger, partner had a fish sandwich and we shared fries and onion rings....it was a lot of food (too much?) and all incredibly delicious. I'd also recommend the margaritas!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jeff W, Owner at Bubba's, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience.

May the road rise to greet you!!!

Royal Oak, MI
“Wow, what a great burger!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Starving, visited a brew pub near TC and had a beer sampler and waffle sandwich. While the beer was good we were still hungry, so drove into town looking for more. Just happened to walk past Bubba's and decided to drop in, even tho we would normally skip a place called Bubba's - you, too, no?

Here's the thing.. Hubby and I shared a Haystack burger, and I'll say for the record that it was by far, bar none, the best burger either of us have EVER had. Fries were also great and beer was cold and good though no stouts or porters on tap for hubby. You must go there now! Save us a seat at the bar! Five stars to Bubba's!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Troy, Michigan
“"Go To" Spot on Front St.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

You can count on this friendly place for an inexpensive, thoughtfully prepared meal with lots of drink choices and desserts to tempt your diet. I have found many healthy choices on the varied menu. This is a good place to hang out if you hate shopping as it is a short walk. It is a short walk from the Holiday Inn too. There is a line sometimes, but the wait staff care and you don't feel like a school kid waiting for your turn at the drinking fountain. (Unlike the snobs across the street at the glorified taco Stand, Georgina's.) we have eaten all three meals here during the Cherry Festival Madness.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
GRAND RAPIDS
“Very busy, somewhat chaotic, pricey, very good bar food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This place was very busy when I went for dinner. Staff was doing a very poor job of even staffing the host/hostess podium. Took about 10 minutes to even get someone to put us on a wait list. Placed seemed chaotic and loud and you may get seated next to strangers; there's a sign asking you to speak up if this would bother you. Lot's of families with kids, though I wouldn't bring kids here.

My friends both ordered burgers $9, asked for no tomato, both got tomato. We seemed to have a waitress and a different person refilling drinks. Both were friendly and attentive despite how busy it was, though they were both very hurried.

I ordered Fish and Chips $13.95. For a restaurant that was loud, busy and had very little ambiance or character I thought this was a bit high for fish and chips. They were served as fish fingers and not fillets. Nothing special about the meal.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Early Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This place was awesome while visiting Traverse City. At 3:30 in the afternoon, we were gonna go to 'The Little Fleet' but only one of the food trucks were running at the time. Walking back to our car we came across Bubba's. It looked like a friendly bar atmosphere and there were lots of people (both good signs). My boyfriend ordered a coke, but the waitress informed us they only have local pops/sodas, but the coke equivalent pop turned out to actually be quite yummy. I ordered the BLT, and he ordered a plain cheeseburger. My BLT was awesome. The toast was perfect, and the bacon was so good! not too tough like many restaurants end up doing. The cheeseburger was huge, and my boyfriend really seemed to like it. Make sure you order the fries with your meal as they are very good as well with a bit of pepper I think? I think we walked in during happy hour or something because when we got our bill it was only $14 and some cents. We were both full and satisfied, something you wouldn't expect at a sit down restaurant for that amount of money.

Visited June 2014