“Great for a group” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #66 of 255 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Midland, Michigan
“Great for a group”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great menu of small plates, entrees and drinks. Nice patio in the summer months. Suitable for groups.

Visited October 2013

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“gluten-free friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Knowing I'm gluten friendly, friends who have recently moved to Traverse City were trying to find our group some nice restaurants that would please everyone. Firefly has many, many gltuen free options, as well as ones that they will adapt when requested. Our server even brought me tortilla chips to replace the homemade pita chips (which everyone else said were awesome) to go with the hummous that's brought to table when seated. There are many small plates that are GF, so it was nice to have some variety to my usually-limited restaurant GF choices!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Southfield, Michigan
“First time diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Food was okay. Avocado salad was crave worthy, and bread and hummus was really good. Rest was mediocre - including walleye and steak. Service not good. Martini not made as requested. Had to ultimately go to bar myself to get it fixed. Menu had lots of interesting things so will probably give it another try.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Menasha, Wisconsin
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We sat outside on a beautiful fall day. Service outside was prompt, even though there were only a few of us sitting outside.
We had the spinach salad, which was excellent. Great dressing, lots of strawberries.
The pulled pork was very good. The chicken salad with fries and salsa seemed a little weird, but we gave it a try. It was weird. I wouldn't order it again.
The BLT was on good bread, bacon was crisp.
Overall, very nice.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Traverse City, Michigan
“Fantastic venue for our small-ish wedding dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I planned our wedding in just five weeks. Consequently, it was a smaller wedding than we initially thought we'd have. We had a couple options in mind for our post-ceremony dinner, and Fire Fly ended up coming out on top when the pros and cons were weighed.

I have had hit or miss service in the past at Fire Fly (as is the case with most restaurants), but the servers they assigned to our dinner were fantastic! Plates were cleared off frequently, drinks were refilled as needed, and the timing of everything was spot on.

The only thing that bothered me was that there was a table of two unrelated people seated in the area that was supposed to be reserved for our party. Our reservation was for 7:30 on Saturday night. My husband, the bridal party and myself didn't arrive until close to 8, so I would've thought any "lingerers" would've been gone relatively quickly (although I'm not sure why they would've been sat there in the first place). They were still there well into our two hour dinner - which was a little awkward at points.

We had 30 people with very different tastes and everyone was able to find something they liked off of the menu we selected. The sushi was great, the hummus & pita bread delicious, and the small plates were all hot, fresh and yummy! We had specified the drinks we wanted available, but a couple of our guests ended up ordering something other than what was on our menu. I appreciate that our servers were accommodating and didn't make anyone uncomfortable or force them into a drink they wouldn't enjoy.

I've spent many a happy hour at Fire Fly over the 9 years I've lived in Traverse City. I've always been impressed by the quality of the food you receive, the gorgeous views, and the incredibly reasonable prices (on food anyway). Our wedding dinner was no different - thank you to everyone from managers, the kitchen staff and servers, who made our special night so stress free and enjoyable!

• Visited September 2013