“A special occasion venue” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 255 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Steakhouse, Eclectic
Description: French Fusion cuisine nesteled on beautiful Bowers Harbor, Deck Seating available in season, Romantic location for a proposal, also available for small/medium sized weddings, come to relax and enjoy the Taste of the Big City in Traverse City. Featuring Kobe Beef, English Dover Sole and the freshest most eclectic cuisine. Come as you are, upscale dining in a resort style casual atmosphere.
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“A special occasion venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Very enjoyable evening. Food very good, big menu feature emphasizes Kobe style beef in various sizes and cuts at proportionate price points. Fish offerings of Sea Bass, Dover Sole and Walleye round out the top notch dishes.
Worth a visit next time you want to celebrate something, preferably a U of M
Victory.....Go Blue!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Michigan
“Beautiful setting! Wonderful food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I are fortunate enough to live in Traverse. One of our favorite restaurant is The Boathouse Restaurant on Old Mission Peninsula. The food is always amazing and the staff is very friendly and efficient. On top of all that, the location is perfect. The sunsets are just beautiful! Do yourself a big favor. If you find yourself visiting the Traverse City area, find your way out to the Boathouse Restaurant. You will not be disappointed!

Royal Oak, MI
“Best french toast ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had our Sunday brunch/breakfast at the Boathouse restaurant. My son ordered the creme brulee french toast and my husband and I both thought it was the best french toast we have ever eaten. I got a morel + asparagus omelette and my husband had eggs benedict. All of it was delicious. The atmosphere was top notch with stunning views of the lake! I would love to go back for dinner sometime!

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Didn't Disappoint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I found ourselves in Traverse City last week, and searched in TripAdvisor for a good restaurant. The number one rated restaurant was the Boathouse in Traverse City (actually, on Old Mission Peninsula between West and East Grand Traverse Bay). It offered the promise of great view and great food, so we decided to go there for dinner.

Well. we were certainly not disappointed with our choice. The restaurant was situated on the water, looking west over the bay. It was neither pretentious nor informal. The atmosphere was bright and light, with just the right spacing between tables. It struck the perfect balance between formal and casual.

We watched the sun set over a beaufiful bay as we had our dinner. From the salad to the bread to the main entree to the dessert we kept commenting on how good the food, the wine, and the presentation were. It was certainly one of the better meals that we have ever had. The chef, Eric, even came out to chat with us for a while and sat on his knees by our table so that we could talk at eye level.

It was certainly not inexpensive, but the entire experience was well worth the tab. If you ever travel iinto the Traverse City area, make sure you don't miss it!

MI
“Out-of-the-way excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

On my last night of a recent trip to the Traverse City area, I splurged on dinner here and thoroughly enjoyed myself. My table was next to the windows that overlooked the bay, and while the sun slowly set, I had a lovely dinner of sauteed scallops and Sauvignon Blanc. Every element of my meal was expertly prepared and presented, and service was attentive without being overly so. It was a bit of a drive up Old Mission Peninsula to get here, but the trip was worth it.

Visited August 2012