“The regular menu topped the buffet!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Hamburgers, Fish & Chips, Soups, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
West Michigan
“The regular menu topped the buffet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We visited the Cottage on two of our three mornings in the Traverse City area. When we ordered from the menu, the food was terrific, which is why we went back the next morning. Coffee and chocolate milk were served in huge mug/glass. The omelette I ordered was fluffy and full of chunky veggies and cheese. Pancakes were an option instead of toast, which I enjoyed. My partner ordered a big breakfast option, and the link sausages were wonderful. We were so satisfied, we didn't eat again until dinnertime! The second morning, they were serving a weekend breakfast buffet, which we both ordered. It was $10.99, which is a little high, but we figured if the food was as good as it had been the previous morning, it would be well worth it. There were 2 kinds of scrambled eggs, but both of the warmers were almost empty and we had to scrape the eggs from the sides of the pan. We both took pancakes, and my partner must have gotten some that had sat in the warmer for awhile, as they were hard enough to be difficult to cut! The fresh fruit was delicious, and the biscuits and gravy looked good. There was "monkey bread", oatmeal, bacon and the link sausages, hash browns and little fried potato pancakes that were very good. I did not go back for a second helping, but my spouse made up for his tough pancakes with another helping of the sausages. It was an extensive buffet, and I'm thinking if we had arrived earlier, we would have been delighted with the selection. It just seemed that too much of the food had been warming for too long.

Visited July 2013

Livonia, Michigan
“Not what I was expecting.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

The sign says "the cottage" "comfortable food". So I was expecting good, old fashioned comfort food. Well, the food was pretty plain. I can't say anything bad about it, but it was nothing special either. The prices are average. The service was fine. The place seemed clean.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lakeland, Florida
“Nice Mom & Pop restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Large menu, breakfast served all day. Food quality is a bit above average but not enough to rate higher than average price. A lunch consisting of a cup of French onion soup, eggs benedict with spinach and tea set me back over $18. I

Visited June 2013
Ann Arbor
“Maybe my expectations were too high”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

It is a pleasant place in a fine location. Friendly staff. Alas, the food is so very meh and the prices high. Find somewhere else. Poor value.

Visited June 2013
Brighton, MI
“Don't waste your time.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Dined on a Tuesday morning. Very few guest in the restaurant - should have been our first clue.
Juice served with ice cubes - really watered down. Eggs swimming in grease. Bacon 1/2 done. Service was average. Don't waste your time or money.

• Visited June 2013