“The perfect place for summer dining on the deck.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 227 Restaurants in Traverse City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Elkhart, IN
“The perfect place for summer dining on the deck.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We spent a wonderful evening out on their "Big Deck", which is behind the restaurant building and nestled in the trees. The menu options were varied, but we both had the highly recommended prime rib. We had it in a conmination, one with shrimp the other with perch. All of it was excellent. Large portions. Service was prompt and came by often. This was our first visit, but I know we'll be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Zanesville, Ohio
“Not so great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had heard rave reviews about this restaurant.
The décor and carpet looked tired.
Hubby and I both ordered the 10 ounce strip steak with salad and baked potato.

The salad was a very plain iceberg lettuce with some some cherry tomatoes and very salty croutons. More like the 1960's.
The steak arrived sizzling hot which is great. My first bite contained a lot of gristle. After chewing a few more non-gristly bites, I was unhappy with this tough steak. The waitress asked if everything was okay. I was honest and told her it was pretty tough. She went on to lecture me about how a strip steak is chewier and that is why it has more flavor and talked down to me like I was a kid. Well, I am a butcher's daughter and I do know my cuts of meat. She never offered to bring another steak. She just took off. I tried my husbands steak and it was good. The waitress actually never came back to refill our coffee or anything. She appeared again next when she brought the check.

So I must say It was a disappointment and the waitress was rude.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Good to be Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I live for the day we get into the car to spend a week up in the Leelanau Peninsula. That means that once again Boone's will be the first dinner we have. It was so wonderful to be back at this famous eatery where "power eating" reigns supreme.

I had the snow crab dinner. A heaping mound of the biggest, sweetest snow crab you will ever have outside of Seattle. Accompanied by a salad with the best Ranch dressing and perfectly cooked fries. My sister-in-law had the same and my brother had the snow crab and strip loin combo. It really does not come any better!!!!

If you love a good extra dry martini, Boone's serves up one of the best I have ever had. Please give Boone's Long Lake Inn a visit and you will count the days until you can return. We are going back again tomorrow evening.

Visited August 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Must visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

A must visit when Traverse City. Really everything is good. Try the beef and noodle soup if you visit, truly an original dish which is delicious. Prime rib and steaks outstanding , but don't miss the fish specials as well. Busy but they get through, really well run service wise. Staff friendly and prompt. The Big Deck out back is paradise

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

It a little drive outside of town but worth it! We have been there several times. Steaks are very good. The times we have been there it was very busy. The service was good. We will eat there again.

Visited August 2013