“Our #1 choice. In a town full of great restaurants.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 255 Restaurants in Traverse City
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Traverse City, Michigan
“Our #1 choice. In a town full of great restaurants.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Prime rib - fantastic. Best in town, or surrounding area. Never had a bad meal there. Always impeccable service. Prime rib accompanied by baked potato or broccoli, and Caesar salad. A treat for a special day - so every time we eat there it makes it a special day. Winter by the fire or summer on the deck. Great experience. Can't miss.

Visited April 2013

Ada
“Traditional food but big jon's proportion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We always make a point to eat here when we are working in the area. The food here is very good! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a "real" meal. The proportion's are very generous. 18oz new York strip is a 4 finger steak! Huge! Porterhouse,french dip, rib eye is what I've had here and all have been excellent.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ann Arbor
“Traditional food well-prepared”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were happy with everything we were served; the salads were fresh, the fish prepared just as we asked (fried for my husband, broiled without butter for me), and my side of steamed vegetables was large and not overcooked. Nothing fancy here, but good, large portions and prompt, pleasant service.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Loveland, Ohio
“Huge Portions; Healthy Selections Available”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I'd visited before in the high tourist season and, as other reviewers have said, found it to be loud and overcrowded. But a weeknight visit in April won me over. The place was quiet, the service was excellent, and it was actually possible for me to eat a huge healthy meal and stay on my diet (delicious broiled whitefish, simply seasoned but some of the best I've had). It's true they draw a lot of large parties but if you can go on an off-night, I'd recommend it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Morley, Michigan
“Great for a date night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

You get what you pay for. The prices are a little high, but the food is great and well worth it. We each had the crab legs and received a HEAPING pile that filled us beyond full. My only complaint with the atmosphere was that we were in the 'back' room (to the right when you enter the building) and there were several large birthday/retirement celebrations going on meaning it was very noisy and there was a lot of traffic. Unfortunately we were right by one of the groups and the main walkway so while the group was standing chatting waiting for their food, we had butts in our face each time someone was trying to squeeze through... Not really the restaurant's fault... But otherwise, great experience!

• Visited March 2013