“good food creepy decor” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 255 Restaurants in Traverse City
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
barry island uk
“good food creepy decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

what a weird place, nasty green vinyl table covers, mooses on the wall, this is 'hunting n fishing' country, the saving grace was the great food and service. 3 0f my party had steak and thought it was amazing

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bloomfield Township, Michigan
“Boone's - a longtime favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is a large roadhouse type restaurant serving mainly steakhouse type fare. Service is generally good, although this place can get crowded during prime dinnertime particularly on weekends. Food is quite good and portions range from large to enormous. Prices have crept up over the years so that Boone's is now an okay, but not exceptional, value.

Visited August 2012
Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States
“Highly Recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Very please with the service and the lobster tail and steak for both my wife and myself was awesome.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saginaw, Michigan
“8-25-12”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Poorly managed. Ate on the deck to be able to listen tothemusic. When my wife ordered a non-alcholic beer that was on the menu, we were told we had to go inside to get the beer. After I did this and brought my wife's beer to her on the deck, we were told we were not allowed to have a glass, but had to have plastic cup although the beer bottle was glass. My wife's dinner was good and my fish sandwich was ok. After getting home, I discovered that we were charged twice for the non-alcoholic beer. I paid for the beer inside and the waitress on the deck then charged us for the beer which I had to go inside to get.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Warren, Michigan
“Glad We Went!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

While vacationing with my family in Traverse City I generally like to have one or two exceptional dinners. We decided on Boones based on user ratings from Trip Advisor.

First off,Looks are decieving. While the parking lot was jammed(and we expected a wait),we were seated promptly. This place is huge,much larger inside than it looks from the outside. I believe we were seated in what may be their banquet area,and as some have mentioned,it was quite noisy,not that it bothered us.

The menu is somewhat pricey(but it's nice to splurge now and then),and they have a large selection to choose from(Beef,Poultry,Seafood ect.). We ate there on a Thursday night which had their ribs special,and I ordered that,which came with warm bread,a side salad and cottage fries. The salad was very good(Loved the croutons),as well as the fries. The ribs(St.Louis style not babybacks) were oven baked(not smoked),and possibly grilled as well. The sauce they use is a spicier sauce than what I am accustomed to,but had a nice flavor. The portions were BIG,I later told the server that I couldn't believe I ate all of them. Goods ribs but not the best I have ever had. With the special,I got my moneys worth. I somewhat regret not getting a steak. A senior couple behind us had ordered the 10oz NY Strips which were huge. next time i will.

My wife had the Salmon dinner(single),and my daughter a shrimp cocktail with a side salad(ordering ala cart can add up there). My son had a Perch Sandwich which he couldn't finish(a first). There must have been 4-5 pieces between the bun.

The hostess and severs were very friendly and attentive.Drink refills were offered as well as dessert. Other than the noise the atmosphere is very nice inside(Next time we may try the outside deck.)

The total bill is more than what I would have liked to pay,but no one left hungry,and we were on vacation after all. We'll be back next year!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere